Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Lets See All The eBIAB Rigs!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 04:03 AM   #21
Antler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Default

I understood, seeing as how I'm the OP. I'm not trying to mock you at all just trying to get your reasoning for the way you like your equipment the way you do, so me and others planning ebiab setups can use your opinions to make our setups right from the start, making it less of a trial and error thing to get the setup we think is right for us.

If you like your setup than that's great! Sorry if I offended you and your setup.


Antler is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #22
zygaxicon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Here is my rig. I call him R2-Brew2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-97013573.jpg
Views:	726
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	80794

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1968841745.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	80795


Click image for larger version

Name:	image-126987729.jpg
Views:	1063
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	80796  
zygaxicon is offline
Garrett Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #23
Garrett
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 258
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygaxicon View Post
Here is my rig. I call him R2-Brew2.

Attachment 80794

Attachment 80795
Thats a rad rig you got there! Very clean setup! What is the top valve for? Recirculation?
__________________
Ambitious Ales
Garrett is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #24
Antler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygaxicon
Here is my rig. I call him R2-Brew2.
I like him!

I'd love to convert my keg to a keggle, but then I'd be wasting the 10g Blichmann I bought last year...

I'm assuming the top valve is for recirculating as well, mind sharing how that's setup? I thought about making a permanent recirc line for my kettle but figured it pointless if the water doesn't go through the bag/grains.
Antler is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 AM   #25
zygaxicon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler

I like him!

I'd love to convert my keg to a keggle, but then I'd be wasting the 10g Blichmann I bought last year...

I'm assuming the top valve is for recirculating as well, mind sharing how that's setup? I thought about making a permanent recirc line for my kettle but figured it pointless if the water doesn't go through the bag/grains.
Yes sir, the top valve is for recirculation. Toolbox is the controller obviously, but the pump pulls from the bottom valve to recirculate wort to the top of the grains. I only make 5.25 gallon batches with this rig, but it works very well. It's been pretty accurate and my efficiency has been on the higher side of expectancy of what a BIAB rig should provide. One of my personally favorite perks is the stainless stand its on is low enough to comfortably pull the grain bag out without too much effort. I make no mess in the brew day and it cleans up VERY quickly.
zygaxicon is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #26
zygaxicon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygaxicon

Yes sir, the top valve is for recirculation. Toolbox is the controller obviously, but the pump pulls from the bottom valve to recirculate wort to the top of the grains. I only make 5.25 gallon batches with this rig, but it works very well. It's been pretty accurate and my efficiency has been on the higher side of expectancy of what a BIAB rig should provide. One of my personally favorite perks is the stainless stand its on is low enough to comfortably pull the grain bag out without too much effort. I make no mess in the brew day and it cleans up VERY quickly.
I will be brewing this weekend, so when I get it all set up and in action I will take pics of it to show you a better example of it's use.
zygaxicon is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #27
Antler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zygaxicon

I will be brewing this weekend, so when I get it all set up and in action I will take pics of it to show you a better example of it's use.
Thank you!
Antler is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #28
zygaxicon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

My brewday, from mash to preboil.. Peeps came over so didnt get to finish taking pics of the second half of the brewday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121028_114628.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	81320



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121028_114644.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	81321



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121028_114704.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	81322



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121028_114722.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	81323



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121028_114735.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	81324



Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121028_114750.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	81325
zygaxicon is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #29
Disintegr8or
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Disintegr8or's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: , FL
Posts: 277
Liked 30 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I'm on 110v:



How I drain:





Here is complete setup: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f85/pict...-ebiab-303827/

I keep telling myself I am going to get a pump to recirculate, but my efficiency has been so good I simply don't have the need for one yet.
Disintegr8or is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:39 AM   #30
+HopSpunge+
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: buffalo, new york
Posts: 614
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Default

Just curious. How long would it take to get 14 gallons of wort to boil using electricity? Using heating elements?


+HopSpunge+ is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS