Lets See All The eBIAB Rigs! - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Lets See All The eBIAB Rigs!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #11
Garrett
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Fullerton, CA
Posts: 258
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler

Very nice! Are you recirculating somehow?
No, just all the water at once then let the bag drain by lifting out with a basket.


__________________
Ambitious Ales

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
pvtschultz
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Posts: 457
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Here's my eBiaB Keggle. I've got about 15 batches of beer on it so far and am really starting to get into stride.





__________________
Brewing: Amber Ale, Dunkel
Drinking: Sour Brown, Schlitz...
On Deck: Berliner Weisse, Spotted Cow Clone, CAP...
2016 Gallons Brewed: 10 :(
Gallons Brewed '11-'15: 319

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pvt...inally-298407/

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #13
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtschultz
Here's my eBiaB Keggle. I've got about 15 batches of beer on it so far and am really starting to get into stride.
Awesome looking setup! Mind sharing what all the switches are for?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #14
pvtschultz
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Posts: 457
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


Top left is a keyed switch to prevent unauthorized brewing , middle-left controls a contactor to break the supply to the heating element, middle-middle switches between PID and PWM (my cheap Chinese PID doesn't have a manual mode and buying the Auber would have been more cost effective...), and the middle-right turns on/off the alarm. The bottom-middle is a trim pot knob to control the duty cycle of the PWM with a panel light on either side for power on and element on.
__________________
Brewing: Amber Ale, Dunkel
Drinking: Sour Brown, Schlitz...
On Deck: Berliner Weisse, Spotted Cow Clone, CAP...
2016 Gallons Brewed: 10 :(
Gallons Brewed '11-'15: 319

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pvt...inally-298407/

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:36 AM   #15
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtschultz
Top left is a keyed switch to prevent unauthorized brewing , middle-left controls a contactor to break the supply to the heating element, middle-middle switches between PID and PWM (my cheap Chinese PID doesn't have a manual mode and buying the Auber would have been more cost effective...), and the middle-right turns on/off the alarm. The bottom-middle is a trim pot knob to control the duty cycle of the PWM with a panel light on either side for power on and element on.
Hmmm what a coincidence. I've been wanting an eBiab setup where I can switch between the PID (mash) to PWM (boil). I know, I know, most PIDs have a manual mode but if prefer a knob. I like your setup!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
jammin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Meridian, ID
Posts: 2,004
Liked 375 Times on 284 Posts


Here is my 2.5 gallon kit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2836765091.jpg
Views:	744
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	80342

It uses a 1500 watt element; I just set it on the stove so I can use the vent hood.
__________________
I know Bill Brasky

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #17
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin
Here is my 2.5 gallon kit:

It uses a 1500 watt element; I just set it on the stove so I can use the vent hood.
I may be way out of line here, and I apologize if i am, but if your doing small (2.5 gallon) batches, why on earth would you spend the money to convert to electric if your gonna set it on the stovetop anyway?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
jammin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Meridian, ID
Posts: 2,004
Liked 375 Times on 284 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler

I may be way out of line here, and I apologize if i am, but if your doing small (2.5 gallon) batches, why on earth would you spend the money to convert to electric if your gonna set it on the stovetop anyway?
I may be out of line here, but I thought it would be nice to be able to brew wherever I want. My crummy stove doesn't have a PID either
__________________
I know Bill Brasky

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #19
Antler
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Carbonear, Nl
Posts: 711
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin

I may be out of line here, but I thought it would be nice to be able to brew wherever I want. My crummy stove doesn't have a PID either
It is nice to brew wherever you want, I agree. Just thinkin if i were doin half batches I'd use a thermometer and the stovetop lol

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 AM   #20
jammin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
jammin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Meridian, ID
Posts: 2,004
Liked 375 Times on 284 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Antler

It is nice to brew wherever you want, I agree. Just thinkin if i were doin half batches I'd use a thermometer and the stovetop lol
It's my pilot system so I like to keep things easy and precise.

I've always kept a quote near to me:

"Brewing is only as complicated as you make it"

So yes, I understand I could go about it with less fuss. For that matter, I could just do extract.

Your questioning/mocking of my approach is analogous to saying:

"Not to be a jerk"

It's never a good look.

PS - in case you didn't know what thread this is, it's the "Show us your eBIAB rig" thread. "e" stands for electronic in case you didn't pay attention or understand the nomenclature.


__________________
I know Bill Brasky

jrb03 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump