Cream Ale AG Cream Ale - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Cream Ale AG Cream Ale
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 11-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #91
ted464
Recipes 

Mar 2013
, Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have Pacman yeast on hand, would that work well in this?

Old 11-16-2013, 07:33 PM   #92
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7365 Times on 5207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted464 View Post
I have Pacman yeast on hand, would that work well in this?
Yes, especially if you can ferment at 60-62 degrees or thereabouts. That would be ultra "clean" finishing.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #93
ted464
Recipes 

Mar 2013
, Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
Yes, especially if you can ferment at 60-62 degrees or thereabouts. That would be ultra "clean" finishing.
Sounds great, just got a fridge from a buddy that I am setting up for temp control so low 60s should be no problem

Old 11-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #94
ted464
Recipes 

Mar 2013
, Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper
Brewed this the other day, going it give it about 14 days. I used Pacman at 61 degrees. I had an OG of 1.047. What does it usually finish out at?

Old 12-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #95
StittsvilleJames
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Stittsville, ON
Liked 41 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschupner View Post
Ok, I wasn't thinking when I was grinding up my grain and accidently put in a full pound of carapils and biscuit rather then the 1/2 pound it calls for. How much is this going to change the OG of this recipe? Just so I know how close I am when it comes out. Also, how much do you think this might alter the flavor??
I did the exact same thing! Accidentally added a full pound of both carapils and victory. Smells awesome, haven't brewed indoors in quite some time, since my Partial mash days. Stove is doing awesome though, got 26L up to a boil in no time, and now the whole house smells wort-y.

SWMBO hates the smell of wort though. LOL sucks to be her! Payback for all the Party-lite candles!! lol

Old 03-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #96
cshearer
Recipes 

Jan 2014
Salem, Oregon
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I recently brewed this, screwed it up, and it still is awesome. I forgot to put the corn in the mash and didn't realize it until I was done sparging. I didn't do a mash out, so I decided to add the corn to the kettle in a hop sack and bring the temp back up to 150 for an hour, hoping there would still be enough enzymes to do the job. Well I now realize that was a poor decision and I ended up with a starchy beer. So it's a bit hazy, has zero head, and a bit of a corny aftertaste, but it is still great! I can't wait to do it again correctly!

This is by far the lightest beer I've ever brewed as I usually favor the darker beers, but it is my new favorite. The maris otter really gives it a great flavor. Thanks, Yooper!

Old 04-08-2014, 04:22 PM   #97
GrowlerMonkey
Recipes 

Aug 2013
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hey yooper thanks for the great recipe! I've made it twice now and it's definitely a crowd pleaser. Goes down really nice on a hot summer day, hence the reason I'm about to make a 10 gallon batch.

One question though- The Maris Otter I use is a liittle darker than most (around 3.5L) so I was thinking of cutting it with about 30% pils malt to get a slightly lighter beer. Any thoughts on how this might tun out? Think it's worth going through the trouble of having to do a 90 minute boil, or should I just cut the maris with some 2-row instead? I'm hoping it will still have that nice bready character, just a tad lighter.

Cheers!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:14 PM   #98
Irreo
Recipes 

Mar 2013

Hi Yooper,

First, thanks for the recipe. A few days ago I bought ingredients for the Da Yoopers Pale Ale, and this Cream Ale. I just brewed this one.

Now, as I was going to reply to this thread, I noticed that I maybe f**d up... I bought pale ale, and maris otter, and on this one I used the pale ale, but now I notice that I should have used the maris otter... I hope it doesn't ruin the recipe!!

Well.... I guess I will have to use the Maris for the House Pale Ale

Thanks again and I'll try to remember reporting the results here.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:21 PM   #99
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7365 Times on 5207 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irreo View Post
Hi Yooper,

First, thanks for the recipe. A few days ago I bought ingredients for the Da Yoopers Pale Ale, and this Cream Ale. I just brewed this one.

Now, as I was going to reply to this thread, I noticed that I maybe f**d up... I bought pale ale, and maris otter, and on this one I used the pale ale, but now I notice that I should have used the maris otter... I hope it doesn't ruin the recipe!!

Well.... I guess I will have to use the Maris for the House Pale Ale

Thanks again and I'll try to remember reporting the results here.

That actually sounds better to me anyway- I think you'll be happy with the switch!

Irreo Likes This 
Old 05-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #100
comet
Recipes 

Dec 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just setting up my nitro tap and I recall having a cream ale on nitro a few times at a local pub.. Anyone try this ale on a nitro tap before?