Anyone use Bottle Mark bottle caps?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaddyb

Reaction score
Curious if anyone uses these guys? Seems interesting, so I was just wondering if anyone had used em and what they thought...

I have order from BottleMark a couple of times already. Very happy with them. They can be a little "grainy" but for the most part very good. See attached photo.

2012-03-03_11-16-16_796-1.jpg

Just looked into it. The price is actually really good. I wouldn't mind something like this for a special batch - gift maybe? Bottom-Side-Up - are you using these for all your brews or just particular ones?

NineMilBill - we only use them on certain beers. The picture is our one year anniversary pale ale. I have also done them in black for our Black rye IPA. They are very cool....the problem is we enter beer into competitions and the caps need to marking free. I know we can just use a sharpie to cover it up, but sometimes it is just easier to cap them with regular caps. I do recommend them though. Last time I ordered I believe it was $0.12/cap.

I used them for a batch that is just did as a gift. They came out well.

I'm planning on using them, but can't find a good way to design the label. I am not familiar with graphic design, and the one they recommend on their website is not terribly user friendly. I don't want any pictures, just a round design with 2 colors and text. Any suggestions?

I just ordered 120 of one I made up. I used Photoshop Elements to create it. It's not great but I wanted to order some using this logo to see how they turned out.

AngryAfroFinal.jpg

Excuse my terrible phone camera, but I just ordered 140 of these and they came in today. I love them.

Despite what the picture might make you think, the writing on them is legible.

I think .12 a piece is pretty reasonable and they only took about a week and a half to get here.

tumblr_m5nacpFL5c1ryckypo1_500.jpg

Excuse my terrible phone camera, but I just ordered 140 of these and they came in today. I love them.

Despite what the picture might make you think, the writing on them is legible.

I think .12 a piece is pretty reasonable and they only took about a week and a half to get here.

tumblr_m5nacpFL5c1ryckypo1_500.jpg

Mine shipped a couple of days ago. What did you use to make the logo ?

Mine shipped a couple of days ago. What did you use to make the logo ?

I drew the rats out by hand, then took them into Adobe Illustrator and made everything else there.

I'm kinda wishing now I hadn't bottled my raspberry wheat the other day so I could use these, but I had no idea when they were going to come, haha.

I ordered 250 a couple months ago and have been very happy with the result... But... I've been cherishing them too much to actually put them on a brew. I drew my logo, scanned it onto the computer, and then sent it off. Their site is very easy to work with , and I had my caps less than a week later. (Ordered Saturday and recieved them on like Friday)

Edited Logo 2.jpg

Ok, I finally was able to get around to ordering my caps. They were very easy to work with, I never did figure out the image software, I got most of the way there with Inkscape and they did the rest for me, a fantastic job by the way on the artwork. I ordered and they were available in 6 days for pickup since I'm in Houston. Here's one of the style's I have(first picture post, hopefully I get it right):

RIS picture.jpg

I've used them as well. They are a little grainy and they should not be soaked to sanitize them (flip them upside down and use a spray bottle). If they are soaked, some of the image may come off when it hits the capper.

Having said that, they are worth 12 cents per cap. I ordered a test batch and liked them enough to order 600 more (four different styles). As long as you have realistic expectations, you will be happy with them.

I would certainly recommend them. I rarely bottle anymore, but ordered some to have around for special batches, give aways, etc. They are very nice folks to deal with. The printed caps are not as durable as as painted, but you don't have to order 100,000 either.

11%2520-%25201.jpg

I would certainly recommend them. I rarely bottle anymore, but ordered some to have around for special batches, give aways, etc. They are very nice folks to deal with. The printed caps are not as durable as as painted, but you don't have to order 100,000 either.

Do they offer silver now? It states on their site that they only offer white caps, but are working on getting others. The previous pictures in the thread appear to be the white caps as well. I haven't ordered any, but I am considering it for a batch I'll be doing in the spring (still have plenty of time for them to offer more base colors or completely go out of business for that matter (I'm hoping they don't)).

Do they offer silver now? It states on their site that they only offer white caps, but are working on getting others. The previous pictures in the thread appear to be the white caps as well. I haven't ordered any, but I am considering it for a batch I'll be doing in the spring (still have plenty of time for them to offer more base colors or completely go out of business for that matter (I'm hoping they don't)).

I bought mine early on before white caps were available...I'm guessing that they found that the print worked better on white.

I used them for a custom cap for my wedding beer. They came out great! I think 12 cents a cap is a steal for custom printed caps. I plan on buying more once I design my "brewery" logo for the few bottles that I will cap, since I keg now.

necro-ing a thread here! anyone else use them recently? I ordered April 8th and was curious on how you guys were doing. They warned of back order on the website, but I'm just curious to see if maybe I should just plan to use these for a brew later on, since i should be bottling this weekend. Plus seeing custom bottle caps is pretty cool :p

Bottle Mark was one of the only places I could find to do custom cap printing. They also did some of the smallest quantities.

I ordered some a couple months ago. Turned out great, about ready to order some more. I turned two of them into a necklaces for my daughters.

I fully agree with all the positive replies, as my experience with BottleMark was great as well. Uploaded photos for the beer I made for my sister's wedding, and the results were better than I had expected by far. Don't expect full photo quality, as they are slightly grainy. But really this is nit-picky. Very good quality.

I ordered sets of 60 of each so there would be a few left for souvenirs and the occasional capping error.

Pros: good quality, no minimum order, inexpensive
Cons: none

I've got an order of 100 out right now, when they come in I'll post a photo... I looked at the other company advertising here and they were more expensive... (can't beat 100 caps at 16.95 shipped...)

They came in yesterday... I'm happy with them and will definitely be ordering more for bottles I plan to give away.

20130722_183652_1.jpg

I ordered some of their pre-designed caps night before last. Really looking forward to them. I am still working on a custom logo and I will be ordering from them again based on what I have seen here.

I've gotten some from them and getting ready to place another order. My avatar will be one of the next ones.
Most of my caps I crimp on a twist off bottle, remove and stick a magnet on the back and give away as fridge magnets. They hold great without needing glue and now my cats are on refrigerators across the United States.

caps.jpg

I use bottlemark caps on every batch of beer. The quality is excellent, and they add a huge "something" to my bottles.

20130729_223658_1.jpg

Looks good on bottles tool... I was worried about my capper but it wasn't an issue.

i use them all the time great people no min order and best of all they are located in houston so i can pick it up

Back