Old Socks and Underwear - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Old Socks and Underwear

Old 05-30-2012, 03:38 AM   #1
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ
Liked 54 Times on 42 Posts

Just retired a pair of underwear today and I got some socks on the way out too, holes in the toes. For me it is not so much a matter of cost as it seems such a waste to throw them away as soon as they show some wear. I used to give them one last wash and then put then in a bag to keep on hand when changing oil and stuff, but now I got all these bags of old socks and underwear I never seem to use.

So how long to you hold on to them and do you make other uses for them? Seems such a waste to toss them.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #2
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4763 Times on 3215 Posts

I've got so many T-shirts and Jeans for rags, I don't see the point in reusing undies. Sock I keep until they get holes in them. underwear are just getting good when I no longer have to use the fly to get my **** out.

j/ik I usually throw them out as soon as they start getting holes too.

This reminds me of some other important questions, like: Which side do you hang on? When taking a whizz, do you go out the leg, or over the waistband?

I actually almost always use the fly nowadays, but for most of my life I was either a leg man or a waistband man.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2132 Times on 1409 Posts

Ask me and a fly is as useful as nipples on a bull. Not only do I usually go up and over, but if I gain a pound or two the fly gapes open and Im stuck tucking the Colonel away multiple times throughout the day after he escapes.

I'm a boxer man, so I suggested SWMBO make a quilt out of the fallen. Her scowl and sharp "NO!" leads me to believe she's still coming around...

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

BrerRabbitBrew Likes This 
Old 05-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Southern Oregon
Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts

For all my socks, I tie knots in them and make them into dog toys.

My lab goes nuts for those.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #5
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4763 Times on 3215 Posts

My old dog used to like to chew holes in the heels of my dirty socks. Maybe it's the same situation?

Of course she also liked to eat cat poop.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5290 Times on 4508 Posts

I tend to get holes in either side of the crotch in my boxer briefs. Once that happens or the elastic has given out, they go to the rag bag.

Socks wear out in the heel and toe and I will not wear holey socks, for long. Quitter socks are even worse. Rags or dog toys.

Over the waist band unless I'm wearing pants or shorts with a fly. And I'll tell you something else you may not want to know, balls out most the time.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:53 AM   #7
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ

[QUOTE=Zuljin;4129833]I tend to get holes in either side of the crotch in my boxer briefs. QUOTE]

Old 05-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #8
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ

Well I work hard and deserve a reward so I am getting new socks and underwear!!!! That will keep me happy for at least a month I'm thinkin'.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #9
jgln
Recipes 

May 2008
Southern, NJ

Ever help one of your buddies work on his car and you ask for a rag and he hands you a pair of his old underwear?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #10
gratus fermentatio
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Montana
Liked 2434 Times on 1346 Posts

Old socks make great dusting rags, dog toys & dessicant sacks. Old underwear is great for anything that requires a soft rag: a lot of cleaning patches are made from the same fabric as underwear, just cut 'em to the correct size.
Regards. GF.