NYS Fair competition.... - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East Homebrew Forum > NYS Fair competition....

Old 05-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
smizak
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Buffalo, NY
Liked 112 Times on 82 Posts

Anybody involved with this comp have any idea when the results are being posted? Hope they don't wait till the Fair to announce winners, if I qualified for the NYSHOTY with a win in this one, I need to know if I have to get an entry ready.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Upstate_Dan
Recipes 

May 2012
Albany, NY

Don't know if you saw yet, but here it is:

http://www.nysfair.org/uploads/files...ew_results.pdf

This was my first ever competition. Sadly none of my entries placed, but I am looking forward to some constructive criticism. That's what is so great about this hobby - there's always room for improvement and expansion!

Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
zentr
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Remsen, New York

Thanks smizak and Upstate Dan! I was wondering the same thing. I knew I would not place but at least I can see for sure. It seems hard to get any information or feedback about this competition.

This is my first competition too. I wanted to enter to at least have the experience. I hope to have a better beer to submit next time.

When/how do we see any feedback on our beer? A ticket to the Fair and a ribbon for entering? Will I get something in the mail? Anyone know? Thanks!

Old 06-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Upstate_Dan
Recipes 

May 2012
Albany, NY

Based on threads from past years it looks like they mail results, ribbons, etc within a month or so.

Old 06-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
zentr
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Remsen, New York

Thanks Upstate_Dan!