Beersmith to iPad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopSong

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased Beersmith about 6 months or so ago.. I still have not learned to use it... but, that's another thing. Someone has kindly offered to help me when they have the time.

But, my question is.. I'm allowed to put BS on my computer and one other computer. Does anyone know how I do that..?? I'm an old guy with not the greatest 'puter skills.. Technology is rapidly passing my ability to unnerstan'

If beersmith comes out with an iphone app I'll buy it and convert. I currently use promash, but I don't think they are coming out with an iphone app anytime soon.

Yup just install and use activation key. If you want to sync recipes across both computers I'd suggest something like dropbox (or any number of other free cloud storage options). Sucks there isn't an iPad app yet but there are some decent (but not compatible necessarily) apps for iPhone and iPad. I use iBrewmaster though if/when beersmith makes it to iOS I might switch

Greetings,

Beersmith is about to release a recipe cloud add-on and upgrade which will be free for current 2.0 users (basic 10 recipe storage). The upgrade will also have a brew timer! These are a welcome additions, however I also WANT to use my ipad while at the brewery. Like most of us this is outside or in the garage. Beersmith does not run on any mobile devices. So this is what I do:

I have Gotomypc installed on the main computer with a registered beersmith install. Gotomypc has an ipad app which works very well to connect to the remote pc over the home wifi connection. I can also use gotomypc while at a friends house or local brewery to access and use beersmith from anywhere with an internet connection.

Gotomypc cost a monthly fee but TeamViewer is excellent and FREE. I have tested it with the same computer and the ipad and it works great.

I have looked at the security models of both these programs and they are fairly safe. Both use end to end encryption, and Team viewer seems a little more secure.

For windows machines, I also use Microsoft's cloud which lets you set up a graphical network of PC's that you can remotely access with a click or two. They keep changing the name but currently it is windows Azure and is also FREE for a couple computers.

Logmein also works well.

+1 for being able to use the iPad... I would pay a few $$ for the app as well.. if they are coming up with cloud storage then this should be a logical step

Back