Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Traverse City, MI
Old 10-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Liked 99 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I agree. It's one of the worst breweries in Michigan. Terrible service. Terrible beer. I didn't get a chance to drink their liquor... the 2 times I went. Both times I had to wait over 30 mins to be served. I had a sampler of all the beers each time...followed by a water when asked which one I wanted a whole pint of... I went a second time because I couldn't believe that it was really that bad all the time....sure was.

Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There is a reason many Big Bucks have closed. The beer was okay, the food is greasy and the service is slow. Their "artisan vodka" may have just been a well pour.

The Filing Station was a welcome surprise. The most varied selection of the TC breweries. (Right Brain had 5 IPA's but no dark beers??) Good wood-fired pizza and salad. It's in an old train station with plenty of parking.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Rightbrain is really embracing the Cali-hop-heavy style. I'm not sure if their move was before or after I went, but it shares(d) a building with an art warehouse (could kiln your own personalized mug) and one of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at called XYZ. Go to XYZ. It's rather cheap and you can just tell a chef who takes pride in high quality food runs the show. Trust me. Go to XYZ.
Originally Posted by eknee View Post
She lied. They all do, when they want to keep you.
Originally Posted by slnies View Post
Education eliminates ignorance, but it does not quell bull headed pride. S.
There's always money in the banana stand

-Fermentor: Satinugal IPA (Lagunitas clone)
-Fermentor: Best Brown Out (Ithica' Nut Brown clone)
-Fermentor: O2, CO2, N2 and friends
-Bottled: Last few weeks of college life...
-Bottled: JOAM (FINALLY!!)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 AM   #24
Liked 63 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Originally Posted by Sparticusbrewer22 View Post
I'm actually from Gaylord. Big Buck just changed its liquor licensing so that they are a distillery and a brewhouse (super expensive, though pretty cool). The sad thing is, while their beer-cheese soup is amazing, their service is atrocious. I've waited 20+ minutes to just get my server to approach our table (with or without water even) and the place is NEVER packed or very busy in general. If you make the drive, make it for the scenery of the place and the bar. Show up not so hungry so that by the time you get service, you actually are hungry and not starving. Have low expectations about service and you'll have a wonderful time.
Yeah, a coworker and I were there for dinner. They did appear under-staffed - although apologetic - some of the clientele seemed to have pretty high expectations. The parking lot had a lot of new-ish black shiny suburbans and such. I was a little nervous about the atmosphere.

We were just trying to relax and unwind and were not in a hurry.

Somebody dropped my rack of ribs on the way through the kitchen so they remade it. I got a free beer. I don't remember the name of the brew, but it was very good and it was hoppy and well hopped (does that make sense?).

The ribs were wonderful.
I drink therefore I am.