What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > What are you listening to (music!!!) right now? Embarrassing or not... share

Old 05-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5293 Times on 4509 Posts

Hold the line! Love isn't always a time. Whoa-oh-oh

Old 05-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
day_trippr
Recipes 

May 2011
Stow, MA
Liked 2909 Times on 2174 Posts

I've been literally stuck in a loop lately, between the live recording of "The Wall" and the studio version (my boys bought me a huge PF boxed set that had both recordings plus the live video and a whole crap ton of extra bits). I design computer hardware from a well-equipped home office and can crank up the 5.1 'til the walls shake all day long. Might sound counter-intuitive, but it really helps me get into "full immersion mode".

Yeah, I'm chronologically ancient...

Cheers!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:47 PM   #13
Nukinfuts
Recipes 

Feb 2012
New Orleans, La
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Listening to the entire collection of TRIUMPH.

andysim Likes This 
Old 05-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
Dawnhulio
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Portland, OR
Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly_belly View Post
Hillbilly jazz. This one at the moment...

http://vassarclements.com/cdcat/vpcd34.html
Nice!

Old 05-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #15
Dawnhulio
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Portland, OR

Speaking of hillbilly, I am out in the garage brewing a Dubbel right now, listening to Hayseed Dixie...they cover a lot of the old standbys like 'Ace of Spades' and 'Walk This Way'...bluegrass style. Its always fun to find a different take on them. Plus, it drives the terrible garage band two doors down NUTS.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4763 Times on 3215 Posts

If you like Hayseed Dixie you might enjoy Iron Horse. They do some great Bluegrass covers of Heavy Metal and Rock bands. They got two Metallica cover albums and a couple of other albums of like Van Halen and whatnot. I really dig the Metallica covers the best, even though I'm a big VH fan.

I'm not currently listening to music. It's kind of early yet. In a bit I'll probably switch on the Spotify. Feels like a good day for Smooth 80's. Maybe some Spandau Ballet.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2132 Times on 1409 Posts

Have this one on auto-repeat.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Dawnhulio Likes This 
Old 05-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #18
Dawnhulio
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal
If you like Hayseed Dixie you might enjoy Iron Horse. They do some great Bluegrass covers of Heavy Metal and Rock bands. They got two Metallica cover albums and a couple of other albums of like Van Halen and whatnot. I really dig the Metallica covers the best, even though I'm a big VH fan.

I'm not currently listening to music. It's kind of early yet. In a bit I'll probably switch on the Spotify. Feels like a good day for Smooth 80's. Maybe some Spandau Ballet.
Thanks for the recommendation - will check them out. Along this line, Honeywagon is pretty good (they do a cover of 'All The Small Things' that's pretty good) and Cornbread Red does a version of 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' that, IMHO, is a better version of Green Day's.

Right now I'm in a bit of a funk due to work crap and am listening to sludge rock right now ... Clutch, Mastodon, Fu Manchu, and to trip it up a bit an occasional Mr. Bungle tune thrown in for variety. And now off to get a beer...

Old 05-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #19
EoinMag
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin, Ireland.
Liked 61 Times on 40 Posts

Amy Winehouse - Addicted

Man she was so good.

You didn't say you didn't love me, when you were stretched out across my bed
You're drinkin' moonshine whisky and talking all outta your head.
Rory Gallagher - Pistol Slapper Blues (Trad)

Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #20
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4763 Times on 3215 Posts

Honeywagon is pretty sweet! Just listened to the Michael Jackson tribute album. Moving on to Blink 182. I'm not familiar with them as well, so we'll see how it goes.

Sounds like they don't censor the swear words on this one...