Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > How does it take to chill for force carb

Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #11
starrfish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Get one of these, or something like it (other vendors have similar items, but this one is rock solid) so that you KNOW when it's at pressure and stabilized. Otherwise, go with the set and forget method...

BTW, rapid force carbonating is more complicated and can be more difficult to get stable than the two week method. Some people manage to get it right more often than now, but it's still not guaranteed of success.
for quick I do 30 psi for 1+ days 20 for 1 and back down to serving of five for remainder... of keg yes it gets better but it's drinkable at day 5 and not over carbed.

“Son, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but you’re lucky, we don't enforce them laws.”

Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
shelly_belly
Power To Love
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 156 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalme View Post
Shelley
How much gas do you vent off?
Most of it. Then I hook it back up to serve. I don't think it's necessary, just making sure no foam blows out.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #13
dpalme
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Pulled it out of the fridge this morning, and hooked the Co2 back up, it absorbed over half of what I put in yesterday to seal the lid, etc. rolled it on the floor for about 15 minutes or so, until the Co2 stopped refilling....taste tested not bad, carbonation needs to be more fully absorbed, and the wife gave permission to keep it in the fridge for a "little while longer" Of course that is open to FI (Female Interpretation).