I've got an issue brewing involving bugs and beers. I recently brewed my first lagers ever, an Oktoberfest and a Maibock. I brewed them back to back and as of a couple of days ago I just started a diacetyl rest. The two bb fermenters are in a temp controlled fridge in the garage and I just raised the temp to 75 and the beer is slowing warming up.
Now comes the issue. I've just found out I have termites and that my house will have to be tented. They have told me that all food items will have to be removed from the house for 3 days. Now that puts me in a pickle with these two beers and what to do about it. The tenting of the house could be done in a week, or 3 weeks, but I assume the sooner the better. I'm in Miami, so leaving it out somewhere is not really "room temps" unless you consider 78 in someoneís house cool enough?
Should I wait a week with the diacetyl rest and then transfer them to a keg? Then move the kegs to a friendís house for the three days and then bring back and slowly lower to lager temps?
Or I could transfer them to secondary and then take the secondary to friends house for the time and then back for lagering?
Another option would be to sit them in a cooler and surround in ice water, but it'll be hard for me to be attentive to it for the 3 days.