Today... - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Today...

Old 05-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
wolfstar

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

was one of those days....dealt with a poisoned dog earlier this week, he died yesterday, got the toxicollogy reprt today. Fostering a dog with major tissue trauma and a bite history, we are hoping for the best. One of my own dogs has cancer, now another may have cancer as well....then I finally get home to see the e-list...the e-list is the list of dogs that will be euthanised by 7AM tomorrow morning at the county "shelters"...usually more than 100 dogs...I don't bother counting anymore

Focus on the successes is all we can do!
Click image for larger version

Name:	781471[1].jpg
Views:	157
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	61810  

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
step

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Hood River, Oregon
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Cheers! Keep your head held high (low enough for a sloppy kiss) knowing you do what you can.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Palmer, MA
Liked 2041 Times on 1774 Posts

Sorry to hear that. What an awful week. Thank you for fostering dogs, I'm sure it's a lot of hard work.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie

Old 05-19-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5384 Times on 4570 Posts

Where do most folks gets their dogs from?

Paying a breeder or a pet shop who uses a breeder can be very pricey. 100s to over $1000. The pound is like $70, give or take, and they have every type of dog there is.

Then there's rescue groups, some of which are breed specific and still cost less.

Add to that all the friends and family who wind up with dogs to give away.

I just can't see paying big bucks to buy a dog.

But some of those rescue groups, hey, glad they exist, but damn. We looked at using one and they acted like we were trying to adopt a person. They wanted all kinds of personal info, background checks, credit scores and to make random, unannounced home visits before and after the adoption. Ridiculous.

Old 05-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

My words wont be much help, but I'm rooting for you.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 05-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
DGibb
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Livonia, MI
Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts

I'm behind you. My beagle came from a rescue shelter, just like my two cats. I will never gave another animal from any other source.

I have nothing but respect for you and hope you get through this okay.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
beersteiner2345
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Both our mutts are rescues. As is the stupid cat.

Best thing I ever did aside from marrying my wife.

You do a truly amazing thing. We foster from time to time, so we see the commitment people like you have. Keep your head up.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 PM   #8
wolfstar

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Thank you all for the encouragment!!! Most days we sail along and keep our blinders on, saving, helping, rehabilitating...But every once in a while we crash. Yesterday was one of those days. I can deal with animal suffering for human negligence, it sucks, but people can be educated...sometimes.

But when someone goes and intentionally harms a dog (or any other animal)... poisoning, torture, that fightclub bullshi*t, etc...One starts to lose hope for the human race.

Its refreshing that there are compassionate folks in ordinary walks of life, thank you for the kind words!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.