I'm slowly starting my control panel build (kettles are should be in this month) and would like something with a better timer interface and some opportunity for future usages. Has anyone contemplated building a Arduino based timer that would drop in a 1/16 DIN slot? The osPID (http://www.ospid.com
) seems like it could be a decent starting point for such a thing (and maybe more).
- Display current timer H:MM or MM:SS
- Timer profiles could be interesting (e.g. 90m timer w/ reminders at 60m, 20m,10m, 5m, 0m) for hop/other additions
- Alarm on timer expiration
- Alarm inputs from the PIDs (would also let me get rid of the alarm switches if they're easy to toggle on/off)
- Easy Alarm on/off indicators (boil, mash, hlt, timer)
- Easy to silence an alarm (on -> off toggle)
This could also be a integration point for other interesting feature like logging a brew session (temp, pumps on/off, elements in/off, alarms, ...). This would mean terminating the RTD probes in the arduino and then outputing a DC mV in place of the RTD input if temp was captured.
I'll post some more thoughts if anyone is interested. Control panel is shaping up to be a reduced/simplified version of Kal's.