Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Amber beer & cider
Old 05-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Amber beer & cider

I have a True Brew Amber Ale kit I am thinking about experminting with. My idea is to do a regular batch like you would any other kit only instead of topping off my 3 gallons of wort with water I would like to use 2 gallons of apple cider to make 5 gallons. Anyone ever tried this or heard of it before? Anyone have any thoughts of what it might turn into? This will only be my second batch so I am still very new to home brewing. Also what do you think about adding a stick or two of cinnamon to the secondary for this beer. Any thoughts, warnings, suggestions anyone might have would be greatly appreciated.