Just got home from the most exhausting and frustrating brew days that I have had in my first year of brewing. Here goes a run down of the week leading up to my brew day (5/13/12).
1. Brewing Tasty McDole's Imperial IPA. Started making a 2L starter earlier in the week.
2. Stepped it up once. 24 hours later, I found the starter overflowing. There was tons of crud surrounding my flask and the stir plate.
3. Today. Planned to start brewing around 9am. My friend's brother had a party a few days ago, in which we found that they lost our dip tube for our false bottom and broke our March pump.
4. After my friend's brother helped us make a new dip tube, he let us use his plumber pump.
5. Everything is going ok, until sparge time. The output blew out, spraying beer everywhere. Luckily I was able to turn off the valve.
6. The pump blew out again during the transfer into the fermenter.
7. I was so frustrated and tired, that I did not record my mash temperature or any of my gravities. This entire process took 12 hours. I am so tired.
I just hope fermentation goes well.