lime-a-rita - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > lime-a-rita

Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
Accidic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Millbrook, Alabama
Liked 97 Times on 85 Posts

No chilis closeby. Shame too since I like their strawberry frozen margaritas if you get them rimmed with salt instead of stupid colored sugar.

Rockgut swill beer does make decent margs tho. Quick and easy too without being icky sweet.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #12
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

This is NOT beer. Its a malt beverage. As such, I am a big margharita fan, and this doesnt suck with a shot of silver tequila, a twist of orange and a big wedge of lime squeezed and dropped in a big salted rim pint glass over ice. Makes a kickass fizzy margharita that way. Just dont expect to be drinking a beer. Oh and its so popular they cant keep it on the shelves. Its been gone here for a month. Production is lagging bad. Too many people figured out how to make a decent cocktail outta the thing.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
Accidic

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Millbrook, Alabama
Liked 97 Times on 85 Posts

May partially be the locale. I see cases of them every single time I go to the store.

And ya, I wasn't expecting a beer out of it. Figured it'd be more like Zima.

Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #14
pm5k00

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Cibolo, TX
Liked 34 Times on 31 Posts

Tried one for the first time tonight, I thought it was pretty good. I bet it'd be great for floating the river. Haven't got ant leads on a recipe tho.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #15
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Jay, Adirondack Mountains, NY
Liked 204 Times on 158 Posts

I've been hiding in the closet on this topic since August. Someone brought a twelve pack on a mountain bike ride (another story all together) and they're f*ckin' good. I like how they come in 8 oz cans...at 8% you only need a couple to get going!

Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #16
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Picked one up while celebrating my successful hunt yesterday. Needless to say, I just bought two more! No way around it, this thing is awesome. I've never been one to bash BMC (other than my close call with one of their kegs on the highway...), so I have no problem admitting that I'll be drinking these every so often from now on.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #17
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Jay, Adirondack Mountains, NY
Liked 204 Times on 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Picked one up while celebrating my successful hunt yesterday. Needless to say, I just bought two more! No way around it, this thing is awesome. I've never been one to bash BMC (other than my close call with one of their kegs on the highway...), so I have no problem admitting that I'll be drinking these every so often from now on.
Whew! For some reason I feel validated.

Try pouring one over a glass of ice. Mmm!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
phenry
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Clemson, SC
Liked 121 Times on 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I'll openly bash them over this stuff. Mostly because it felt like AB bashed my head in my first morning after drinking them all night. Other than that, they're almost too easy to drink for being 8% abv. Almost in the same lane to drunk town as a nice crisp IPA or Tripel.