Has anybody from Canada, ordered any products online from Hopdawgs homebrewing? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Has anybody from Canada, ordered any products online from Hopdawgs homebrewing?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
smalltownbrewer
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts



I have been wanting to try BIAB for a while now and I live in Alberta and the LHBS around here are not great at all, so was looking at hopdawgs for all grain, their located in BC.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
Ben58
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Ben58's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 409
Liked 36 Times on 28 Posts


I live in Ontario and have ordered from Hopdawgs, items arrived within the week and excellent condition, including a 5L flask.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
smalltownbrewer
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Do you mind me asking if you ordered a partial or BIAB kit and if so, was it good quality?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
robcj
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
robcj's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 99
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltownbrewer
I have been wanting to try BIAB for a while now and I live in Alberta and the LHBS around here are not great at all, so was looking at hopdawgs for all grain, their located in BC.
I live in Edmonton and I have placed two orders from Hopdawgs, once for equipment and grain, another for a large quantity of whole hops. I was very pleased with the experience and pricing, at least on the grain and hops. Chris, the owner and operator of Hopdawgs, seemed fast to respond to inquiries, was very helpful and got both shipments out quickly. And his price for my large order of whole hops was less than half what I would pay for pellet hops at the LHBS, which more than made up for the cost of shipping.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
smalltownbrewer
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Posts: 84
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Sweet, sounds good!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
VanBrewski
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
Vancouver, BC
Posts: 12

You could also have a look at Bosa Grape in Vancouver. They mostly do wine stuff but have moved into beer equipment and supplies recently. They have way more in store than what they show on their site. I'm sure a quick call to them if you didn't find it online would sort you out. Their prices are pretty reasonable too.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
paraordnance
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 864
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts


Where in Alberta? I ordered from Chris before. Pleasant experience and low shipping rates.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
opusx11
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 95
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


I live in Edmonton as well. I purchase from Winning Wines Plus south, and when I do order, it is always from HopDawgs. I just placed another order with Chris yesterday as a matter of fact. I can't say enough about HopDawgs, i wish they were local!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
robcj
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
robcj's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 99
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by opusx11
I live in Edmonton as well. I purchase from Winning Wines Plus south, and when I do order, it is always from HopDawgs. I just placed another order with Chris yesterday as a matter of fact. I can't say enough about HopDawgs, i wish they were local!
I wish the same thing. I've been thinking of ordering all of my specialty grain, hops and yeast from Hop Dawgs from now on and just buying my base malt from Winning Wines Plus. We only brew once a month but we brew two batches at a time (12 and 8 gallons) so we use a lot of base malt. It wouldn't be worth shipping 25kg bags.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
opusx11
Recipes 
 
Aug 2009
Edmonton, Canada
Posts: 95
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by robcj View Post
I wish the same thing. I've been thinking of ordering all of my specialty grain, hops and yeast from Hop Dawgs from now on and just buying my base malt from Winning Wines Plus. We only brew once a month but we brew two batches at a time (12 and 8 gallons) so we use a lot of base malt. It wouldn't be worth shipping 25kg bags.
Yeah that's pretty much what I'm beginning to do for ordering. Almost everything small from HopDawgs, and anything big or last minute from the local places.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump