Just to follow up my earlier post for anyone who like me didn't want to go the krausening route - I ended up adding about 7 ounces of corn sugar at bottling per the hefeweizen specs I calculated with http://www.tastybrew.com/calculators/priming.html
Actually called for 8.8oz, but I didn't realize I was low til it was too late and it carbed up amazingly well in 2.5 weeks. Again, this was also after using LME instead of DME in the original recipe.
And this beer is really good! My first homebrew that I've actually wanted to replicate! (Not sure if that says more about the recipe or my skills as a brewer)