Confused about efficiency?
So I was brewing an american hopped Saison AG batch wanted a light session beer. After the brew measuring my FG I ended up with 104% which is impossible. So I am confused, my only guess would be that I had more boil-off then calculated for, I didn't add any extra sugars. MY bill is below.
malt & fermentables
% LB OZ MALT OR FERMENTABLE PPG °L
71% 6 0 American Two-row Pale 37 1 ~
12% 1 0 Belgian Biscuit Malt 35 24 ~
12% 1 0 Candi Sugar, Clear 38 0 ~
6% 0 8 Flaked Wheat 34 2 ~
Batch size: 5.0 gallons
1.008 / 2.1° Plato
(1.006 to 1.008)
5° SRM / 9° EBC
(Yellow to Gold)
(75% used for O.G. estimate)
I made my own candi sugar, 1lb table sugar and a bit of tartar cooked till pale yellow.
I do BIAB with a 1.25 qt/lb mash thickness. Did 90mins at 156 and then splarged with 12qts of water at 180 then topped off for 5.5gal pre-boil volume.
I also added the candi sugar at the 15 min mark during a 60min boil.