Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > 150 Qt Extreme Coleman Cooler

Old 05-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Default 150 Qt Extreme Coleman Cooler

Does anyone have a 150qt extreme cooler by Coleman?
I'd like to order a bulkhead, but can't wait to order it.
Just trying to find out the wall thickness so I can order from Bargain Fittings.
Thanks
Otherwise I just wait till I get off of work

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Scooby_Brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Do you really need a cooler this big? If it is for your MLT, it's going to be too big, unless you intend to brew 25-30 gal batches. Too big MLT means loss of temperature during mashing.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
SpottedDogBrewing
Hmmm, BEER!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby_Brew
Do you really need a cooler this big? If it is for your MLT, it's going to be too big, unless you intend to brew 25-30 gal batches. Too big MLT means loss of temperature during mashing.
Scooby-Brew
I'm brewing 30 gallons:-)

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"The nations of the West also have their own intoxicant, made from grain soaked in water...Alas, what wonderful ingenuity vice possesses! A method has actually been discovered for making even water intoxicated."
- Pliny the Elder

Old 03-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
sanatar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Curious which bulkhead you ended up getting, I just purchased the same cooler and am looking to pick up a bulkhead.

Cheers,
John