Regulator leak help needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman6409

Reaction score
Every time I turn on my CO2 tank, even just a little bit, I get a hissing air sound right at the connect shown in the picture. I have no idea as to anything to do with connections so if anyone could please let me know what I can do to stop this leak I would greatly appreciate it. I know for a fact the area shown is where the leak is due to some searching for the hissing. Thank you in advance for your help.

regulator.jpg

Use soapy water to pinpoint the leak. If it is that threaded joint take it apart with some wrenches, put some teflon tape on the threads and tighten it up.

Reuben1012 said:
Use soapy water to pinpoint the leak. If it is that threaded joint take it apart with some wrenches, put some teflon tape on the threads and tighten it up.
Agreed, get some vice grips, remove the old teflon tape and apply new tape. You should be good to go.

I had a similar problem, thought it was leaking from the same point. Turned out that I wasn't tightening it down on the bottle enough (actually the gasket wasn't thick enough) and CO2 was escaping through the back nut and hitting the reg at that point making it seem thats where it was leaking. just a thought

Back