Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Clone - Straight from Lagunitas

Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #31
somedudefromguam
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 53

So, on the front of a hop stoopid bottle it says: SG 1.084 and alcohol by volume 7.7%. When I punch this all into promash, I get an FG of 1.026 ---that seems like a huge FG something is going on here.... If you go by the posted recipe, SG 1.074 and FG of 1.016 would give you the 7.7 volume alcohol, which seems do-able.
I will be following the posted recipe w/o the hopshot, and I am worried about some off(vegetable, grassy) flavors from the huge bittering addition. Should I use the highest alpha hop I have? or maybe cut down on the IBUs and hope my buddies don't notice? Anything else I can do? or maybe just dont worry have a homebrew etc...

Old 01-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #32
amarcero
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
So, on the front of a hop stoopid bottle it says: SG 1.084 and alcohol by volume 7.7%.
Thread necro, sorry about that.

On my bottle it says 1.085 and 8% ABV. They must be reformulating the recipe for some reason.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #33
sr20steve
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
So, on the front of a hop stoopid bottle it says: SG 1.084 and alcohol by volume 7.7%. When I punch this all into promash, I get an FG of 1.026 ---that seems like a huge FG something is going on here.... If you go by the posted recipe, SG 1.074 and FG of 1.016 would give you the 7.7 volume alcohol, which seems do-able.
I will be following the posted recipe w/o the hopshot, and I am worried about some off(vegetable, grassy) flavors from the huge bittering addition. Should I use the highest alpha hop I have? or maybe cut down on the IBUs and hope my buddies don't notice? Anything else I can do? or maybe just dont worry have a homebrew etc...
I brewed it with the hopshots and it turned out dead on. I'd just pick up some hopshots from NB, they are real cheap.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
hopstupid
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20steve View Post
I brewed it with the hopshots and it turned out dead on. I'd just pick up some hopshots from NB, they are real cheap.
what temp did you mash at?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #35
hopstupid
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Just bottled this tastes great

love me some hop stoopid

Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #36
josh-h
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

just ordered the ingredients for this..cant wait!! i plan on doing this batch as many times as it takes to get it perfect. probably my favorite beer. Ill post my progress here.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #37
Clint04
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Subscribed.

Want to keep tabs on this thread, so I can brew this in late August.

Bottled: Berliner Weisse, Brett L. Belgian Pale, Oatmeal Stout, Belgian Pale Ale, Rye Saison, Munich Helles

Old 06-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #38
josh-h
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

brewed 6 gallons of this yesterday. came in a little under at 1.071. Tossed some less than active london ale yeast on it and am hoping for the best.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:55 AM   #39
realtree2
Recipes 

For those who have tasted the clone: How close is it? This is easily becoming one of my favorite beers, and I am planning on brewing the extract version over the winter.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #40
josh-h
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default i have brewed this....almost.

i brewed this about a month ago..i used wyeast 1056 yeast because thats what i had on hand. i also missed my O.G. by about 5 points due to equipment calibration..all that being said, it tastes pretty good. Yesterday i brewed a 10gal batch of the same recipe using the proper yeast and nailed the gravity...i will post progress..ill also let everyone know how the original batch tastes in a few days. initial tastes were thin tasting. Hopefully due to lack of carbonation.

ShottyJohnson Likes This