Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Low-profile pinlock Disconnects

Old 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
bphelan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Default Low-profile pinlock Disconnects

Just received the jackpot of free kegging equipment from my home brewing mentor: 10 pin locks, dual gauge regulator, and a ton of fittings. I now have 13 kegs! Guess I'll have to get to work on that pipeline. Anyhow, amongst the fittings I noticed one set of these which seem to be low profile pin-lock connectors, which I've never seen before. Has anyone else seen these? I'd like to buy another set for an upcoming mini fridge kegerator project.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(3).JPG
Views:	555
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	60361  

Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
Brewsader
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I too would be really interested in finding some of these low profile pin lock connectors. Anyone know anything about them?

Old 10-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
JRems
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I have seen them, they were standard black and red ones. I don't know if they are made anymore. If you convert them to ball lock and use the ball lock connector it saves about 1-1.5".

Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
fosaisu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 274

They sell "short" pin lock disconnects here, according to the description should save you just over half an inch over normal pin lock disconnects:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?...3d47d7009ff005

Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #5
fosaisu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 274

So I ended up ordering these from CHI Company. Had read some mixed reviews of this seller on HBT so I was hesitant but they were the only place I could find low-profile pin lock quick disconnects, and the space savings were important to me. CHI Company came through -- they actually called me to offer a cheaper shipping option than I was able to get through the site (saving me $7), they shipped quickly and I received everything I ordered. Not questioning other's experiences with them but I was pleased with their service and would order from them again if I end up needing more of these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosaisu View Post
They sell "short" pin lock disconnects here, according to the description should save you just over half an inch over normal pin lock disconnects:

http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?...3d47d7009ff005

Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
phreaky
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've also gotten some from www.apexbrewwares.com . Might have to call him to double check but the last ones I got were short.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:45 AM   #7
wantonsoup
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosaisu View Post
So I ended up ordering these from CHI Company. Had read some mixed reviews of this seller on HBT so I was hesitant but they were the only place I could find low-profile pin lock quick disconnects, and the space savings were important to me. CHI Company came through -- they actually called me to offer a cheaper shipping option than I was able to get through the site (saving me $7), they shipped quickly and I received everything I ordered. Not questioning other's experiences with them but I was pleased with their service and would order from them again if I end up needing more of these parts.
Normal ones are 3" tall, their short ones say they are 2 5/16" tall. That's a savings of 11/16" only, not the 1.5" mentioned. Now that you've got them - are they really 2 5/16" tall? I need exactly 1.5" shorter.