Custom steins?? - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Custom steins??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
ahaley
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Posts: 645
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts



Does anyone know of a website that sells custom steins? Or that sells very fancy ornate germanic steins? I think that those would be a good addition to my brew gear, and maybe some for my wedding if I can find a custom place...
__________________
South Paw all day, every day.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #2
JJL
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
, WI
Posts: 1,291
Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts


I've bought from this place before. Don't know if they do custom pieces, but I was happy with what I got. You might try finding a local pottery maker. Steins are just basically clay mugs with a lot of detailed artwork. The top is pewter (I think) so that might be a little more difficult to get custom.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
coypoo
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
Cary, NC
Posts: 646
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JJL
I've bought from this place before. Don't know if they do custom pieces, but I was happy with what I got. You might try finding a local pottery maker. Steins are just basically clay mugs with a lot of detailed artwork. The top is pewter (I think) so that might be a little more difficult to get custom.
That place has some really cool steins. Was shipping a lot?
__________________
Rowdy Reptile Brewing
http://rowdyreptilebrewing.blogspot.com/

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
JJL
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
, WI
Posts: 1,291
Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by coypoo View Post
That place has some really cool steins. Was shipping a lot?
I don't recall. It may have been included, but even if it wasn't it shouldn't be more than about $20 max. They ship to you from the US. The steins are from Germany, but their not shipping you direct from Germany.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #5
ahaley
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Posts: 645
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts


Awesome guys thanks! I'm going to check it out riiight... Now!
__________________
South Paw all day, every day.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
worksnorth
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Soldotna, Alaska
Posts: 685
Liked 64 Times on 50 Posts


Made a trip to Germany in 2008, searched and searched all over for authentic steins. The goofy touristy ones were all over... finally found some in a little village it was a replica of an old German village. The pottery house there made old style replica's of beer Krug's.
Just found this site, you might find something authentic here.
http://www.steincenter.com/beer-mug.shtm

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
ahaley
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Posts: 645
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by worksnorth
Made a trip to Germany in 2008, searched and searched all over for authentic steins. The goofy touristy ones were all over... finally found some in a little village it was a replica of an old German village. The pottery house there made old style replica's of beer Krug's.
Just found this site, you might find something authentic here.
http://www.steincenter.com/beer-mug.shtm
Awesome thanks, I'll check it out
__________________
South Paw all day, every day.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
ahaley
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Posts: 645
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts


Thank you everyone who posted a link for me! I found way too many steins on all the sites, and naturally, the ones I fell in love with are out of stock:merr:
Not all is lost, because I found some equally stunning and breathtaking and I may have to drop 300$ for 2 of them at least 2! Until the mrs. Finds out where my paycheck is going!
I love how they have the "history" ones, those are fantastic!! History of uboats, tanks,Berlin airlift, Berlin wall, they are amazing each and every one of them
So here's 2 that really caught my eye, the darker one is in stock and the goldish one is not




Click image for larger version

Name:	image-737899547.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	60302

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1966622551.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	60301   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-107391805.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	60303  
__________________
South Paw all day, every day.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
ahaley
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Tracy, Ca
Posts: 645
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts


Oops, phone duplicated the dark one, and I dont know how to delete it :$
__________________
South Paw all day, every day.

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump