Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Hot sumertime thirst quencher

Old 05-05-2012, 12:29 AM   #11
hillybilly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 5

What about a plain ole Pale Ale?

Old 05-05-2012, 12:48 AM   #12
CaptnCully
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 11 Posts

Lots of gear ideas here! I've done a cream ale twice now and wasn't all that fond of them both were extract kits and both were kind of cloudy Although I was real green then and it could if been my process. I've never done a kolsh and don't even remember drinking any! Am I missing out on something here? I've done some blonds but they have always turned out a little heavy. I'm thinking of trying another; only this time mashing in on the low side; say 151* Will this help produce the kind of beer I'm looking for? Thanx

The Captn

Old 05-05-2012, 01:24 AM   #13
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Liked 145 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnCully
Lots of gear ideas here! I've done a cream ale twice now and wasn't all that fond of them both were extract kits and both were kind of cloudy Although I was real green then and it could if been my process. I've never done a kolsh and don't even remember drinking any! Am I missing out on something here? I've done some blonds but they have always turned out a little heavy. I'm thinking of trying another; only this time mashing in on the low side; say 151* Will this help produce the kind of beer I'm looking for? Thanx

The Captn
Yes a lower mash temp will give you a dryer/thinner beer.

You also want to ferment on the lower end of the yeast temp range to keep the esthers done