AT&T Customer Service - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > AT&T Customer Service

Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #21
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 7705 Times on 5414 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratus fermentatio View Post
Ya, I cancelled AT&T's LD service & they continued to bill me for 3 months after I cancelled... BTW, Centurylink isn't any better.
I had AT&T (landlines) for both my home and cottage. I am away from both when I leave for the winter, but "they" told me I had to pay my bill while I was gone or pay $40 reconnection fee on both.

Last winter, I paid my bills online. They had a $5 charge I didn't recognize on both. (I paid $60/month for both landlines). I called, waited on hold for 30 minutes or so, and they removed those charges.

A month later, still in Texas, I saw two $10 charges on each line.

I called (during business hours, because you have to call before 6PM for residential service) using a neighbor's phone. After a 30 minute wait, it was explained to me that those 2 $10 charges on each line were to make a change in my "plan". Um, those are home landlines. What plan? "Oh, to remove the $5 long distance "one rate plan".

Wait. You charged me $20 each to remove a $5 charge that you added to my account in error?

Well, in short, yes.

Bye Bye AT&T!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #22
XXguy
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Southeastern PA
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

If you want to cause them as much grief as they've caused you - file a formal complaint with the FCC.

You can call until you're blue in the face - but once the FCC is involved - you're usually handled by someone in the corporate office who can actually make things happen (and stick.)

Just make sure you're right, reasonable, and polite.

www.fcc.gov

Old 05-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #23
Slyko
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Roseville, CA
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I had a horrible stay at a Destination Resort Hotel in a very nice city in Nevada & said so on the INTERNET. Simply hit a major review site. Just kept it a matter-of-fact detail of my experience. No emotion. Had the Hotel CEO email me the next day & ask me to call him ASAP!

To resolve the situation he gave me a nights stay in a TOP FLOOR Suite! His exact words to me, "We live and die by what is said on the INTERNET!"