AT&T Customer Service - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > AT&T Customer Service

Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Houston, Texas
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverseApacheMaster View Post
I know exactly two people that are happy with any AT&T services. One has uverse, one has cell service. Everybody else hates them.

I used to work for a company that provided customer servi ce to AT&T for some of their benefits. In spite of being "customer service" employees themselves, they were the dumbest and rudest people, second only to Time Warner/Time Warner Cable employees. Nobody is worse than TW/TWC. AT&T's business model doesn't include treating their customers well so they hire garbage customer service employees and train them poorly. I suspect, as is true of Verizon, that they outsource a lot of their phone service to third parties who have even less of a stake in the company's name.

The only thing I could say about the evening issue that may not be their fault is some companies begin processing updates in their computer systems early in the evening and the service reps lose access to certain parts of the system once the update cycles begin. I don't know if that's true of AT&T but that might be why nobody could make the change. On the other hand, it is equally likely the people who have access to turn on service only work 8-5.
i was told that because the sales and service office was closed I would have to call back tomorrow, which is now today, but I've been in class all day and am enjoying a twenty minute break right now.

I just don't understand how not a SINGLE person in the call center I was dealing with is able to undo AT&T's screw up. You'd think at least one of the managers or supervisors would have access to whatever program or computer they needed to click the button that turns my internet back on. Bunch of damn monkeys.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #12
spearko520
Recipes 

Dec 2011
allentown, PA
Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts

i thought this post was about star wars. i don't read well.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #13
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Eldorado, WI
Liked 148 Times on 59 Posts

Dish network.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 05-02-2012, 05:30 PM   #14
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 55 Times on 47 Posts

Sounds about the same as my experience with Comcast.

When I have had ridiculous experience with faceless corporations, emailing the executives (CEO, CFO, COO, VP Public Relations, VP Regulatory, VP Marketing, etc.) has worked (n=1). Also, don't sound threatening, but telling you one thing and billing you differently is something the FCC and your state's Attorney General's Office would be interested in hearing about.

In general, if you annoy them enough, they will give in, but in many cases it takes more work than it is worth.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #15
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Houston, Texas
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

Got a phone call this morning while on campus and finally got someone who was competent at their job.

I am happy with the outcome that we got but absolutely disgusted with everything we had to go through to get there, and I straight up told the woman that she's the only person I've talked to over the last couple of weeks who even seemed to know what they were talking about.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
malkore

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Nebraska
Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts

Is that a standard bag of dicks, or a metric bag?
Bottled: MOAM, Braggot, Raspberry Melomel, Merlot, Apfelwein, Pyment, Sweet mead, Cabernet
Gal in 2009: 27, Gal in 2010: 34, Gal in 2011: 13, Gal in 2012: 10

Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
GilaMinumBeer
Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7691 Times on 6280 Posts

Sounds like they saved you a step in the process.

I turned off Cox cable after nearly 10 years of service because the prices always went up. My bill was coming in at $250 a month. $300+ if we had a lot of LD calls.

I attempted to reduce the expense by asking them what my bill would be if I dropped 75% of the services I was getting.

They said I'd save $10.

Have been OTA for local. IPTV for series, childrens, and movie nights. VOIP for telephone.

Now I pay $75 a month. And the household misses nothing.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #18
cyclogenesis
Recipes 

Aug 2011
Chicago, IL
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Sooo... Can anyone suggest an alternative... This post scares be (besides the dicks thing...) as I am about to pony up for cable (need it for Le Tour) and Uverse just seems the cheapest option for the channels I want (which are NBC sports, BBC America, Discovery, Comedy channel and local content including PBS)

Old 05-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #19
spearko520
Recipes 

Dec 2011
allentown, PA
Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts

i need a bag of wrist thick rippers to complete my dirty santa costume for cinco de mayo. is there somewhere i can get them that doesn't entail parking behind a highway blind?

Old 05-03-2012, 01:21 AM   #20
karmabrew
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Stephens City, VA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

DirecTV. Couldn't be happier with the service.