This beer was awesome. Although I brew AG now, I may revive this or try to convert it to grain (if NB hasn't already done the work for me).
I believe I ended up using Safale-04 or 05 yeast for this one, and didn't have a problem.
However, I always find new ways to combat explosions.
I tried putting a tube on the inside piece of the air lock, and that resulted in problems. You can get clogging within the small openings on the bottom of the air lock.
I then tried just shoving vinyl tubing straight in the bucket hole. I found that the tube was a little too small, and resulted in way too much pressure within the bucket (it started to whistle on the sides of the lid). It seems the krausen sticks too much on the tube, and requires a lot of pressure sometimes from within the bucket.
Now, when I use buckets and I expect blow off, I use aluminum foil. I crack open the a side of the lid, sanititze, and cover in sanitized aluminum foil. Seems to work for me.
Hope I helped