Revvy et al - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Revvy et al

Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
Mar 2012
Dallas, TX
Liked 144 Times on 103 Posts

I just gotta say. Revvy for president. DB for VP.

I've learned such a massive amount from all here on the HBT forums, but those two specifically go the extra mile to help TEACH us noobs.

I jumped head first into the pool of homebrew hoping there was water in it. Thankfully, they've filled the pool.

I never made a kit beer, designed my own recipe for my all my batches. Went from extract, to partial grain, now all grain.

Basically, I decided to skip all of the beginner brewer stage.

Couldn't have done it without you guys. Salud, and thanks.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6886 Times on 4072 Posts

I agree, and in general I credit this forum for what's happened to my brewing over the last 4 years. I started brewing about 10 years ago and quit. When I started again, I soon found this forum.

There was a guy Don Osborne on youtube who inspired me to try harder. So, beyond this forum, there is a upswell of homebrewing support that wasn't there when I started (there were some small mail lists, but really nothing like this place!)
- Andrew

Old 05-02-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
Feb 2012
Roseville, CA
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

The biggest thing I'm impressed with is that they have nothing in it for themselves but the credit we give them here. My 3 different LHBS's are always looking out for their best interest & to line their pockets. I have the receipts to prove it. Everyone wants your $$$$.

I've learned to check here 1st! HBT will tell me the truth & typically with a little humor mixed in. I've also noticed the online vendors that HBT promotes are also pretty fair. I recently saved over $100 on a set up when buying online vs. local. Competition Wins!

You guys all get a big from me!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
Feb 2011
Big Rapids, Michigan
Liked 140 Times on 106 Posts

Draft Revvy for President-- a write in campaign!
I seek not a hobby to fill my time; I seek a passion to fill my life!

Basement Brew Room Build:

"Shame on the man of cultivated taste who permits refinement to develop into fastidiousness that unfits him for doing the rough work of a workaday world." -Theodore Roosevelt