Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Natl Homebrew Day Cap N Cork, who's brewing?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 115

heh no probs... Suggestions would be to make a check list of items you will need... and check it. I can't tell you how many times I have forgot stuff. Sure there are other people there you can borrow stuff from...but it's a bit of a pain. I would also suggest not pitching your yeast on location. I have found it best to wait until I get home, check the temp of the wort. If it's too cold I pop it in the cooler...then pitch my yeast at a proper temp. If you pitch it on location the temps can go crazy depending how long you hang out there/how long you have to drive home...

Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
BigB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Another great brew day at CnC! Although I'm a bit sunburned and look like a raccoon thanks to my sunglasses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2867 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 3510

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Another great brew day at CnC! Although I'm a bit sunburned and look like a raccoon thanks to my sunglasses!
Yeah me too. I totally didn't realize it there. It wasn't til I got home and saw my face and neck.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
mors
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 96 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 115

yeah I was glad I brought the canopy. Avoided the burn I usually get lol.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3319 Times on 2269 Posts
Likes Given: 2089

You guys had it good. It was at least drizzly most of the day in Grand Rapids. Still had a good time but having the sun out and no rain would have made it easier to get a little distance between myself and the band that was playing inside the pavilion...

Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
Naggs
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Unfortunately, due to my Honeydew list, I didn't make it up until things were winding down, but I'm definitely shooting for the Teach a Friend to Brew Day. Also, I got to try Revvy's Vienna Lager! Definitely looked like it was a great day.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #17
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2867 Times on 1696 Posts
Likes Given: 3510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggs View Post
Unfortunately, due to my Honeydew list, I didn't make it up until things were winding down, but I'm definitely shooting for the Teach a Friend to Brew Day. Also, I got to try Revvy's Vienna Lager! Definitely looked like it was a great day.
I got something major planned for teach a friend day.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew