#$^%$^ tornadoes - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > #$^%$^ tornadoes

Old 06-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #11
Mar 2007
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

oh sorry to hear dude. I guess the good news is you won't be bored for a bit continuing to work on stuff around the house, but I'm sure you'd like to be doing other things instead.
I'm back!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #12
Reverend JC
2500 gallons year to date
Jun 2006
Your Mom's
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

you never know, the insurance on it could not only pay for the stuff you lost in the flooding basement but also just a bit extra for a nice SS conical!
"Just because i don't care dosen't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

Old 06-26-2007, 01:41 AM   #13
Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 46 Times on 37 Posts

We've been getting more and more extreme weather here. Two years ago they cranked up the premiums for flooding because of it. At the time I had several rental properties and I couldn't afford the extra premiums so I had to decline on all of them. I protected ourselves by enhancing our ability to prevent water incursions. Of course all my measures require electric power. Loss of power and three months of monsoons (on the prairies with no mountains or oceans) were not anticipated.

We have no coverage for this. It's been a long day and there's no end in site. On a brighter note, she hasn't cried for at least six hours now....
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

Old 06-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #14
Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 153 Times on 144 Posts

Flooded basements are a royal pain! As a kid in Illinois, we couldn't leave anything less than 18" from the basement floor. It flooded every time we had a major storm.
Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk