Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > Relocating to Corvallis

Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
GuyOnABuffalo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Relocating to Corvallis

Hey guys- looking to head out to Corvallis Oregon in June. Any good tips on brew stores or legit liquor stores?? Also any information on housing or good parts of town to look in?

Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
iceemone
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Unfortunately I don't know much about Corvallis. I do remember a foggy night of Samoans, a pellet gun, cops, and members of the OSU women's swim team. It must of turned out ok because I awoke in the apartment of said swimmers, found a giant mixing bowl, pineapple juice concentrate, and an almost full bottle of Malibu. Breakfast of champions. Anyway, let me be the first to welcome you to Oregon.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Kittyfeet
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 43

There's a brew store right in downtown Corvallis. They're even friendly and helpful. One in Eugene about 40 minutes away. I'm not sure what an un-legit liquor store is, but there are liquor stores in town, and in surrounding towns.

Housing is expensive. If you're looking to save cash, I suggest looking in the surrounding towns (Albany, Lebanon, Philomath).

Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #4
Beernip
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Downtown you have Corvallis Brewing Supply. They seem to be an upstanding shop.
http://www.lickspigot.com/

Visit Block 15 and Flat Tail Brewing downtown as well for some excellent beers.

Liquor stores in Oregon are state run so they are all the same. Crappy and expensive.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
Dunerunner
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Welcome to Oregon! You will find the liquor laws here lag the majority of the country by 30 years.

Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #6
spenghali
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Corvallis Brewing Cupply is a great store and all employees know a lot about fermentation. We have block15, oregon trail, flat tail, and a new brewery set to open at the end of the month "Sky High" all within 4 blocks of each other. There is also two mcmenamins brewpubs and a cider house. The brew store itself has a great bottle selection as well as a few markets. Next store to block 15 is a European style beer bar with weekly rotating taps (12 I believe) of hard to find draft imports, lots of belgians, sours etc. Being that we are in hop/farm country and have OSU in town, (home to one of only two fermentation science programs in the country), the entire town is some what obsessed with great beer, wine and of course awesome fresh and local foods to go with it. Also, check out suds and suds, a local hangout with 50 rotating taps. Anyways, pm me if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help. Welcome to town!

Old 07-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
pdxal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 195

The place next to Block 15 is also owned by them, Les Caves. http://www.biercaves.com/

Old 07-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #8
nsmills83
Recipes 

Suds and Suds is where I learned my appreciation for good beer. Made it "around the world" 3 times. Sounds like the beer scene has expanded a bit since I lived there about 6 years ago.

I hear flat tail has some good beers.