dominion big thaw bock clone - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > dominion big thaw bock clone
Cool Brewing Giveaway - Supporting Membership Drive & Discount

Old 04-27-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
JDSanders
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Deming, NM
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anyone have a clone recipe for big thaw Bock by dominion brewery? I could not find one anywhere.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
MaltMaestro
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Solana Beach, California

Don't have a recipe for you but you could probably come close on your own. A quick google search revealed that it is of the maibock style with all german noble hops. Some of the reviews said it was more hoppy than usual and even reminded them of a west coast IPA. Also they noted it was light in color and medium body. You could start there or even email the brewery and ask for the recipe. Some breweries have given me the percentages of all the grains they use and hop varieties. Worth a shot.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
The_General
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Rockville, MD
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I second the hoppiness of this beer. We had this on tap where I work and I was always sure to give people a sample of it since it's not at all what you'd expect out of a maibock. I don't know that I'd go as far as calling it a west coast IPA though. That being said, it's a very good beer and I'd be interested in a clone recipe too.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:23 AM   #4
JDSanders
Recipes 

Dec 2011
Deming, NM
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Just an update. I had no luck with emailing the brewery. I am going to try and wing it. I will post the recipe and results when I have them.

Old 01-19-2013, 02:45 AM   #5
Jetsailor
Recipes 

Jan 2013

I really enjoy this beer. How did your clone turn out? What recipe did you use?

Thx.