Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Massachusetts HomeBrew Forum > One Entrepreneur Wanted.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1340 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 35

You're young and full of piss and vinegar. That's great. Go get em. To better understand this website is that there are going to be a few thousand people that read this thread and think you're either scamming or completely nuts before one person takes it seriously, if at all. This is a homebrewing focused site and although several homebrewers that have posted here have ultimately gone pro, it's the exception to the rule. Perhaps you felt like your story was rare and compelling and that your PM box was going to fill up a second after you posted. I'm afraid this is the first dose of reality with many to come.

This isn't to say that you can't be successful, but your a stranger amongst a thousand others with a big dream. The odds are stacked. Good luck all the same.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Groove_Rock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Lol thanks, I'm actually not a stranger...

And I've had plenty of doses of reality this far, starting a business isn't easy

And I love that thousands of these strangers have the same dream, the reason I'm posting here...woah...mcfly?

...and even tho I bet it made you feel good about yourself and your own job to let me know that I have a good chance for failing, I still have a 1/2 bl homebrew system that I still use...and people still buy my beer. I have cash flow, not much, but i havent paid for beer in over 3 years.

I think you missed my main point, im trying to help someone else...Im not scamming and im certainly not looking for your help or negative advice, understand?

If you are going to post in this thread please keep it related to the title. Please.

I'm looking for a business partner, if that's not you please move on

If I don't find anyone here, I will find someone somewhere else it's not a big deal

Again, I'm trying to help someone else out

Thank you

Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #13
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

And I just read your profile, I'm assuming you work at the brewery in your picture?

...if thats true, you are the first person in the industry who wasn't excited to see a new brewery

My mom always told me it doesn't cost anything to be nice

Enjoy your jersey beer. We aren't in the same market so you don't have to feel afraid of the competition. But isn't that what drives this business?

Wait don't answer that

Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #14
FastAndy
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove_Rock

...and even tho I bet it made you feel good about yourself and your own job to let me know that I have a good chance for failing, I still have a 1/2 bl homebrew system that I still use...and people still buy my beer. I have cash flow, not much, but i havent paid for beer in over 3 years.
I don't think Bobby needs your imaginary brewery to fail to feel good about himself. Also, are saying you sell Homebrew?

Old 04-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1340 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 35

No, none of your assumptions are correct. I was commenting on the fact that you seemed confused as to why no one on this site is jumping at your offer and trying to explain why that was.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

I see, sorry to jump at you bobby... it just seems like all everyone wants to do is make fun because I'm not part of your Internet club.

...i still can't get a grasp on that reason, why people need to look around these forums just to start Internet fights...some guy talking **** from las Vegas...I'm pretty sure I posted in a Massachusetts forum, so go figure.

But I'll entertain him, hes the type of personality that needs to have the last word in order to feel accomplished....2500 miles away haha

Imaginary brewery? Lol yes you could say I have a "homebrew" system. I built and welded it with my own hands.

No I'm not selling homebrew. Can you please keep up with the forum of youre going to be a jerk about me being here in the first place? As I had explained in a few, yes a few, previous postS - plural- that I have my licenses and permits to manufacture, package, and distribute malt beverages in massachusetts. Not las vegas, massachusetts. I have recently got a loan and am upgrading to larger equipment.

Um, this is fun. I'm pretty sure nothing I said in my first post warrants the ridicule...I understand the spammer nonsense but I think we've established pretty clearly that I could care less about sending penis enlargement method emails to you guys, even though I think some may be tough online to compensate.

Full of piss and vinegar, yes. Lol I'm angry because it's been a rough road getting a job in this ec

Old 04-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #17
Groove_Rock
Recipes 

[QUOTE=Groove_Rock;4041123]I see, sorry to jump at you bobby... it just seems like all everyone wants to do is make fun because I'm not part of your Internet club.

...i still can't get a grasp on that reason, why people need to look around these forums just to start Internet fights...some guy talking **** from las Vegas...I'm pretty sure I posted in a Massachusetts forum, so go figure.

But I'll entertain him, hes the type of personality that needs to have the last word in order to feel accomplished....2500 miles away haha

Imaginary brewery? Lol yes you could say I have a "homebrew" system. I built and welded it with my own hands.

No I'm not selling homebrew. Can you please keep up with the forum of youre going to be a jerk about me being here in the first place? As I had explained in a few, yes a few, previous postS - plural- that I have my licenses and permits to manufacture, package, and distribute malt beverages in massachusetts. Not las vegas, massachusetts. I have recently got a loan and am upgrading to larger equipment.

Um, this is fun. I'm pretty sure nothing I said in my first post warrants the ridicule...I understand the spammer nonsense but I think we've established pretty clearly that I could care less about sending penis enlargement method emails to you guys, even though I think some may be tough online to compensate.

Full of piss and vinegar, yes. Lol I'm angry because it's been a rough road getting a job in this ecOnomy when I know I'm very qualified. I graduated with a 3.4 gpa and I've worked manual labor my whole life. I'm smart enough, passionate, and a hardworking person who just wants to be successful.

So please like I said before...unless you have those few qualities that I just listed do not post here because this is the last message going to send to entertain some of the jerks.

...gunna get your last word in? Copy and paste something I say? Haha

Sorry again bobby, I did ask for your response didn't I?

Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
EBloom97
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well, I AM certainly in the same boat as you. I graduated college a few years ago, worked some jobs I have utterly hated, all the while homebrewing beer and loving every minute of it. Over the years I have been gradually accumulating brewing equipment to make the push into nanobrewing. I have a 1.5 barrel system custom built out of stainless steel shipping drums that I currently use to brew 10-20 gallons batches. As a homebrewer I can only brew at about 1/100 capacity on that system, if that.

I would be interested in meeting you, if only to talk shop, although a collaboration is not out of the question by any means. PM me if you're interested.

Some of the behavior you've run into in this thread is not unique to this thread. Every once in a while a poster will post something like this, and will be met with skepticism. I think some of the skepticism here is part of the culture of this forum and of homebrewing in general. Because homebrewers tend to be very helpful and generous people, they are always willing to share advice and opinions. To those very helpful individuals, threads like this seem to be asking a question, namely, "Can I start a microbrewery?" and to them, the answer is, "No, probably not."

I think every homebrewer has dreamed (either openly or secretly) of going pro, and many of those people have looked seriously at it and come to the conclusion that it wouldn't work for them. Either they don't have the money, time, initiative, will, etc. to do what they have decided the endeavor would require, or they think that putting in that time and effort would make the enjoyable hobby that is homebrewing into more of a chore, and therefore not worth doing as a career.

I think these people who would tell you that you can't start a brewery are 75% genuinely trying to help you, 25% threatened/envious of the possibility that you might succeed - they've looked into it for themselves, and because it doesn't make sense for them, they've judged that it doesn't make sense period. They want to save you from wasting your time and energy on something that won't happen. AND they'd feel like horses asses if they wrote off starting a brewery themselves because they thought it was impossible only to see you succeed. Like I said, people here are always looking to give helpful advice to other homebrewers - they are good people. Does that mean that their advice is as true for you as it is for them? Of course not. If you (or I) think it can be done, then by all means go for it. Just be aware that the road ahead is not an easy one.
BruBrus Likes This 
Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #19
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 551 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Have you tried probrewer.com? They're a very helpful group and generally more interested in the professional side of things. Plus, people post resumes & such all the time looking for partners and/or brewing gigs. Many brew-school grads with decent experience.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 846 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

This is a great thread. Didn't we have one where the guy wanted you to put in all the money but he had 'awesome' recipes that were gonna make both of you rich?

Btw, being a part of any club is dependent upon first impressions. Your's is full of attitude. Who do you expect to take that seriously? Hmm, let me put my dream in the hands of a guy who can't accept even subtle criticism without snapping at everyone. Yeah, sure.