Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Which fitting do I need?
Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Posts: 22
Likes Given: 1

Default Which fitting do I need?

The fitting on my C02 regulator goes from the regulator straight to a barbed fitting. I want to be able to remove the gas lines easily and swap in my force carbonation setup. I think that means that I end up putting barbed swivel nuts on the line. My question is this... what is the fitting called that goes on my regulator and has a MFL connection to accept the barbed swivel nut?

tkrafty is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tjpfeister's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 672
Liked 67 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 33


1/4" Flare fitting I believe
The hardest part of all-grain brewing is arguing about it on the interwebs.
tjpfeister is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,337
Liked 298 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 496


Go to this site: Beverage Equipment Company

Look for part#'s
55490 stem (no check valve)
55492 stem (with check valve)
55497 shut off (no check valve)
55497-1 shut off (with check valve)

You should also use a flare washer with those connections to prevent coČ leaks.

BTW - Northern Brewer also carries some of the fittings I listed above here:

Hope this helps.
P-J is offline
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fitting for keg smrtpunk Bottling/Kegging 6 11-21-2011 03:59 PM
Nobody knows how to remove the S fitting Starderup Bottling/Kegging 2 09-01-2010 10:17 PM
C02 fitting stuck on keg SilverSwordAlliance Bottling/Kegging 10 06-13-2010 01:10 AM
Need a fitting. crawford Bottling/Kegging 4 02-09-2010 02:47 AM
gas fitting size jcalisi Bottling/Kegging 2 02-09-2009 03:41 AM

Forum Jump