Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > I bottled my belgian wheat honey rosemary orange thing last night

Old 06-22-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
carnevoodoo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default I bottled my belgian wheat honey rosemary orange thing last night

And I have to say that the little bit I snuck out for myself is pretty interesting. Ended up at 6.5% thanks to the honey and the rosemary is dominant in the smell and the initial taste of the beer. After letting it breathe for a bit, the rosemary definitely mellowed out. I'm interested to see how this will taste with carbonation, cold, and after a couple more weeks.

I am glad I experimented though, because it is nice to see how different a beer can be using the same yeast and just changing a few ingredients.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #2
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 708 Times on 401 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnevoodoo
And I have to say that the little bit I snuck out for myself is pretty interesting. Ended up at 6.5% thanks to the honey and the rosemary is dominant in the smell and the initial taste of the beer. After letting it breathe for a bit, the rosemary definitely mellowed out. I'm interested to see how this will taste with carbonation, cold, and after a couple more weeks.

I am glad I experimented though, because it is nice to see how different a beer can be using the same yeast and just changing a few ingredients.
Keep us posted. Sounds like and intertesting brew.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:20 PM   #3
Catfish
Art by David Shrigley
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 3 Posts

Yes tell us how it is in a couple months.

fish