Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Corona grain mill? Should i?

Old 04-24-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Kmcogar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Corona grain mill? Should i?

Hey,
I've read a couple threads and read these work fine. It's only $30. I figured I might get kne if no one objects. Is this a legit grain mill?

Also~ if you do have one, did you make any modifications to make it hold more grains? Show me done pics please.

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #2
PistolsAtDawn
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 129

They work fine. I have one. You'll need to do some small modifications to it (like adding a bucket to collect the grain, maybe adding a drill or electric motor to drive it. Hand cranking any mill gets old, fast). Malt/grain conditioning (see Braukaiser's wiki) is highly recommended for this type of mill.

I get efficiencies in the 80s with mine. Look for the "ugly junk" thread on here for the best pictures/instructions.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ahhh very nice. Thank you
Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #4
Euphist
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I went with the double bucket set-up and an allen-head bolt for my drill with a bit holder to hook to. My efficiency is nearly always in the mid-80's