Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > PSA: Responding to bottling issues with "you should keg"

Old 04-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #71
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 864 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 265

this happens everywhere. I posted on a DIY site asking how to install laminate flooring in my basement. The first response I got was 'Why are you installing laminate?' 'You should install hardwood'.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:10 AM   #72
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5937 Times on 4232 Posts
Likes Given: 1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2row View Post
When I see the posters commenting on how you should keg, I just assume they are compensating for their miniscule genitalia.

I don't get angry, I pity them.
Where you peeking at me again?

Anyway, we can all agree that saying "you should keg" is inappropriate. Make sure you click "report this post" so a moderator can delete it. Sometimes just a word or a simple delete of inappropriate responses, no matter what the topic, is enough for people to learn how to behave in our forum.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #73
Bamsdealer
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
Yeah, i'll say. I just burned through a keg in 8 days. I gave a bunch away, but not more than I drank
It's easier to control if I only put a few bottles in the fridge at a time. Not sure I could resist if I had a fresh tap or three tempting me every time I stood up.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #74
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamsdealer View Post
Not sure I could resist if I had a fresh tap or three tempting me every time I stood up.
Resistance is useless. I am now on my way to the 13% Cherry braggot on tap.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #75
smokinghole

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have a handfull of 10gal kegs but never use them (except as fermentors). I might use a 5 gal keg if/when I finally pick one or two up. I love bottling my beer because 75% of what I make is belgian, and half of that is saison. I like my saisons at 3.5-4 volumes and that's EASY to do with bottles. I guess it could be done with a keg but I also do a lot of more interesting brett beers. I equally would rather bottle them. I don't want to need 20 kegs because I brew something that I'd like to age. Kegging is great if you brew all "consume now" types of beers. However when I brew a sour I'd rather just clean and package in bottles so I can have 2-3 cases of it for long term consumption. I tend to think that if someone is having such a tough time bottling they're doing something very wrong. Spend the $40 get a bottling tree with a vinator and make your life easy.

Also while Sierra Nevada and Bells both keg, their bottles are all bottle conditioned too. If a brewery can do it bottle conditioning saves money for breweries by decreasing CO2 use.

Plus how cool is it to pop the cork on a 9L bottle of saison for a party?

Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #76
BrewerBear
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Could not agree more. I have no desire to keg,Have thought about tap a draft or some other mini system to be able to take to cook outs or what not.