Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > brewing around placer county Ca.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
FarmBoy530
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default brewing around placer county Ca.

Anyone brewing in the placer county area? We don't have a brew club here that I can find and I know there are brewers out there. Otherwise there wouldn't be 3 home brew stores within 40 min of my house....just looking for folks to brew with, at the very least!

Old 08-23-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
j-dub
Recipes 

Just seeing your post. I am brewing in Lincoln. When I was in Brewmeister Roseville last Friday there was a club meeting. Don't remember the name, Placer County Brewers something-er-other. I am sure if you call the shop they could fill you in. I think it must be fairly new. I looked around for a club last year. Found the one that meets at Sudwerks, and Gold County, but nothing in our area. What are you currently brewing?

Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
slyk9
Recipes 

There's a new club that has been meeting at the Brewmeister in Roseville. Placer Ultimate Brewing Society. (PUBS) Meetings are on third Thursdays at 6:30. We are on Facebook under Placer Brewers. There is also a Google Group you can join. If you are interested, send me a PM and I will give you the contact info so you can be added to the group. Hope you can join us. Cheers!

Old 08-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
j-dub
Recipes 

Sounds good. I'll try and hit the next meeting. Just joined the google group. Glad to see a club starting in our area. See you soon.

Best, jason

Old 08-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #5
dazeke
Recipes 

Glad to hear of a new club forming, I'm in Granite Bay and have been looking for a club as well.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
ahaley
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

I brew from the 209 of San Joaquin, and the closest brew club I know of is Livermore.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 AM   #7
FarmBoy530
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Right now I have a Cascadian dark ale priming, a pale in secondary, and a porter set for next brew day, thanks for asking

Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
j-dub
Recipes 

Cascadian Dark...interesting. I currently have a Heff on tap. In the fermentation tank I've got a Chocolate Stout, a Pumpkin Ale, and an experimental Wit. Next brew day for me is an Oktoberfest/Marzen. How often are you brewing?

Old 08-27-2012, 05:02 AM   #9
FarmBoy530
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Depends, every couple weeks to months... Just as I can. Cascadian dark is another one of many names for black ipa. Just tried one and it's really nice. A bit creamy upfront and a nice follow up from nugget cascade and chinook! The cream is from pale chocolate and a touch of roast on the nose and on the finish from caraff ll. It needs another week or two before it has a little age, but it's really nice!