Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Help:Indoor brew setup

Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
jcaudill
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 6

My fireplace nor stove vents. But don't get me wrong: I'm not saying don't vent! I'm just saying that I really don't think natural gas is that much worse than propane - both are not fantastic in enclosed areas. If I were indoors I would either use steam or electric.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 PM   #12
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 435 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Yeah, go electric if you can swing it. I brew in the basement with natural gas. In the winter it works out fine. I can open up windows on both sides of the basement and get plenty of ventillation. In the summer, it really sucks (which is why I stock up on brew before summer hits and usually don't have to brew again until late summer/early fall).

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #13
Stevo2569
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My basement has a unvented natural gas fireplace installed by a qualified professional with permits. I also have CO and smoke detectors in that area. The CO detector goes off the first time I lite it every year but that's it. I also use a natural gas brew rig But it's in the garage with the door open for venting. I wouldn't use my brew rig in the basement without some serious ventilation.

My Brewing Apparatus

Old 04-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #14
Racedog
Just a Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

OK....I am convinced that E brewing is the way to go for me, BUT....... I am not the handiest person especially when it comes to electricity. I'll leave this to the pros so I don't either kill myself or burn the house down. I usually will try most projects if time permits, but when it comes to electricity.....No

Is there a commercial source that sells a reasonably priced option? An internet search turned up only build it your self options and 1 $8000 system (ahhhh, no). Also some electric turkey fryers, but these sound like it would greatly extend the brew time.

Thanks for the help!!