AHS Promo Millennium Falconer critique - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > AHS Promo Millennium Falconer critique

Old 04-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #1
trojandux
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Colorado Springs, CO

Has anyone tried the AHS Promo Millennium Falconer IPA kit. I am not familiar with either of these hops and am interested to know how this brew tastes and turned out. Oh and I love the Star Wars reference. It is the best ship in universe.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:56 AM   #2
julioardz
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Liked 66 Times on 51 Posts

I can't speak for the Millennium Falconer IPA kit, but I've made my own IPA with Falconer's Flight and Magnum. I really like Falconer's flight, but I also like anything with Amarillo and Cascade. The grapefruit/citrus flavor seems to stand out nicely, but there is more character to it than Amarillo, from what I can tell. All AHS kits I have tried have been exceptional, so I would say it's worth a try.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
SirSchmiggs
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Austin, TX

Definitely go for it! I brewed this and added some rye, making it the Ryebel Alliance Mellinium Falconer, haha. You can't go wrong with a good bittering hop (mellinium) and then a mix of all the best citrusy hops (Falconer's). I would leave out the rye next time, but it is still great with it. Tapped right now and going fast!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
thetragichero
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Palm Bay, FL
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

not from the kit, but my next brew will be an ipa with those two hops

Old 08-21-2012, 10:06 PM   #5
ListenToDebussi
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Concord, Ohio

Falconer's Flight IPA was my first brew and still my best to date. Probably one of my favorite beers. I think I'll have to try this after my IIPA

Old 08-22-2012, 03:03 AM   #6
seatbelt123
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Durham, NC
Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSchmiggs
Definitely go for it! I brewed this and added some rye, making it the Ryebel Alliance Mellinium Falconer, haha. You can't go wrong with a good bittering hop (mellinium) and then a mix of all the best citrusy hops (Falconer's). I would leave out the rye next time, but it is still great with it. Tapped right now and going fast!
That is funny!

Old 08-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Flashman1
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Manchaca, TX

A buddy just bottled a batch of this last night. Will report back in a few weeks. The only problem is, this was a promo kit, so if it turns out to be great, we'll have to recreate it since it currently isn't available as a kit.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #8
schuby_racer
Recipes 

Apr 2015
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSchmiggs View Post
I would be interested in the recipe you used, or would use for your next batch. I'm planning on making a Darth Vader IPA(imperial ipa by the time I'm done with it) and I need something to help "bring balance to the force."