American Inventor - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > American Inventor

Old 06-21-2007, 04:40 AM   #1
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba
Liked 45 Times on 36 Posts

There was this guy on American Inventor that had an invention where you insert your favorite six pack and his invention somehow punctures them all and directs the flow to a tap. You pull on the tap and get a glass of beer. The six pack appeared to be encased in plexiglass to contain the small, messy explosion when the cans were punctured.

Needless to say they didn't showcase this idiocy and it was just in a stream of other really dumb ideas. Everyone seems so surprised when the judges tell them what a piece of crap thier invention is.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

Fake tap BMC? Why not just fill a party pig with carbonated dog urine?

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-21-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

That's the only good part of that show...when some idiot comes on there with some useless POS invention, and goes on to tell the judges and the cameras how all he's done for the past 10 years is work on perfecting said POS, and how he's lost his family, his house and his life savings in the process...and as he weeps, the judges tell him the truth: that his invention is a piece of scheiße. I bust up laughing when I see that.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
HarvInSTL

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Saint Louis, MO
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
Fake tap BMC? Why not just fill a party pig with carbonated dog urine?
Why buy a party pig when you can buy said carbonated dog urine in its own 5l keg.

Old 06-21-2007, 05:45 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Willamina & Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 151 Times on 142 Posts

I can understand though, how people can get locked into an idea. About a year ago, my business partner and I had to let go of a capability we both really wanted in our product. It was too expensive for the first model. We could have plowed ahead and priced ourselves out of the market, as well as delaying the introduction.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 06-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
That's the only good part of that show...when some idiot comes on there with some useless POS invention, and goes on to tell the judges and the cameras how all he's done for the past 10 years is work on perfecting said POS, and how he's lost his family, his house and his life savings in the process...and as he weeps, the judges tell him the truth: that his invention is a piece of scheiße. I bust up laughing when I see that.
Ya, seeing someone's life come crashing down around them is great