Coed Baby Showers. - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Coed Baby Showers.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #11
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3412 Times on 3251 Posts

My wife knows I will not be attending any coed baby showers. Her friend mentioned one for herself and I said no way. Sorry, I am pretty "progressive" about this kind of thing, but a baby shower is a line even I must put my foot down on.

To the guys, if your wife mentions one, you call that husband up immediately. It is HIS fault this is happening.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #12
Wus67

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Lancaster, New York
Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts

We kinda went that direction with our first kid. We had both the men and the women at the shower, but while the women were doing the oohing and aahing, the men were in the bar of the fire hall we used having a diaper party. It was a pretty good idea, the guys all brought a pack of diapers, and in exchange they got as much beer, bloody marys, pizza, wings and football they could handle. Plus when the shower was over, everyone had a sober ride home. All in all it worked out pretty good, no complaints from the guys, and even a few copycats.
“This is grain… which any fool can eat. But for which the Lord intended, a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about….. beer.” – Friar Tuck

Old 04-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #13
GilaMinumBeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Liked 7413 Times on 6080 Posts

Yep. It's all on you OP.

I didn't even go to the baby showers FOR my wife.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #14
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2188 Times on 765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxsho View Post
Who is responsible for this bull****? I just attended one of these (on my day off) a couple weeks ago and it was terrible. No alcohol, it was hot as hell, and the men actually had to participate in stupid baby shower games! (For 4 hours!)

I'd like to know when and why this happened? I thought baby showers were supposed to be a women only event where they drink mimosas and talk about "who's next" and how terrible their relationships are.

Gentleman, let us make a pact now to at least try and talk SWMBO out of a coed baby shower if that sort of situation comes about. Let's try not to put one another through things like this, please!

Ladies, I apologize, but going coed baby shower is taking it to far. Please just let this be between you and your girlfriends. Don't make us suffer anymore than we already have to.

Is there no manlaw or "guy code" legislation on this subject?
I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the co ed showers.

This thread does not exist for me.

Register Now!

KitB Likes This 
Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

That's not coed, thats still a ladies's shower but men were pressed into going. If it were coed, you'd be forced to do some ooing and ahing, but there would at least be a big sandwich. You know the one.

But seriously, who the hell are these ladies everyone is talking about? My fiancee's wedding shower was catered, and when I dropped in at the end to say hello and thank you and bring home our bevvy of expensive home goods, my mouth watered. Yes, salad was THERE, but it was alongside tons of other sandwiches and finger foods etc. Was your wife responsible, or a friend? I say a good talking-to is in order.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #16
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

One day you'll learn that life is short (hopefully not too late). If i'm not 100% interested, i'm out.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #17
JJL

Recipes 

Feb 2010
, WI
Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts

Tell her you need to have a diaper party. It's a thinly veiled excuse for men to sit around and drink disguised as a shower. Men only. Guests are expected to show up with a box diapers and beer (or other beverage of their choosing). It's perfect cover. You and your buddies get to drink, and you come home with something for the kid. Happy wife. Win-Win.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2657 Times on 1565 Posts

We are not guests or participants. We are hostages.

And even if the mom-to-be assume that your guy friends will be okay with this, I can guaran-G-damn-tee that the future grandpas will not be okay with coming to a co-ed baby shower.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 554 Times on 390 Posts

I disagree. It's not about you. If the dad-to-be wants me there, I'm there.

But I will also recommend we go brew in the garage and have "bonding time" talking about how awesome it is being a dad while brewing. Plus, dad needs to stock his pipeline before baby comes, so we can sure help with that.

And for every registry at Baby's-N-Things, there will be a matching registry at HomeDepot.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2657 Times on 1565 Posts

I suppose you're right. I've just seen some grumpy grandpas at these things.