Coed Baby Showers. - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Coed Baby Showers.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Fauxsho
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Winston Salem, NC

Who is responsible for this bull****? I just attended one of these (on my day off) a couple weeks ago and it was terrible. No alcohol, it was hot as hell, and the men actually had to participate in stupid baby shower games! (For 4 hours!)

I'd like to know when and why this happened? I thought baby showers were supposed to be a women only event where they drink mimosas and talk about "who's next" and how terrible their relationships are.

Gentleman, let us make a pact now to at least try and talk SWMBO out of a coed baby shower if that sort of situation comes about. Let's try not to put one another through things like this, please!

Ladies, I apologize, but going coed baby shower is taking it to far. Please just let this be between you and your girlfriends. Don't make us suffer anymore than we already have to.

Is there no manlaw or "guy code" legislation on this subject?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #2
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

I'm blaming you for going. I managed to duck out of the last wedding invite, and my wife was the maid of honor

Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
Fauxsho
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Winston Salem, NC

Usually weddings have open bars and free food, so I don't mind them. Baby showers are a whole new ballgame though.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
I'm blaming you for going. I managed to duck out of the last wedding invite, and my wife was the maid of honor

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Fauxsho
Recipes 

Mar 2012
Winston Salem, NC

lol... I think this thread backfired already.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5022 Times on 3391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauxsho View Post
Who is responsible for this bull****?

Is there no manlaw or "guy code" legislation on this subject?
First, it's your fault. You need to open up your wife's purse, take back your balls, and stuff them back into your sack.

The Man Law says you don't go to baby showers.

Next time, RTFM!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #7
Dr. Francois

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Okemos, MI, Michigan
Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts

I've been to one, and it was awful. Mushy food, bland punch, no protein or alcohol in sight. It was like 85 degrees in the house.

Never again!

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."
--Kurt Vonnegut

Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8032 Times on 5611 Posts

I think it's only right that you have to suffer like the rest of us.

Who decided that FEMALES would enjoy that ****? I don't. I went to my sister-in-law's baby shower as I had to, and it was dull enough as it was- but the food sucked. Salads. Seriously? All these fat chicks and they serve salads? C'mon. Where's the brisket and wings? You know those fat chicks left hungry.

No beer/booze/wine either. And then we "ooohed" and "awwwed" at each little stupid cap and sweater. It's a painful experience and I'm glad to see men getting to be just as miserable as the rest of us.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5022 Times on 3391 Posts

Just had an inspiration!

What about Baby Shower at Hooters!??

Think about it. First, guys will WANT to attend a baby shower at Hooters. The food will be much better (or at least nobody will care if the food isn't that great) and finally, those hot servers will be even hotter when they see those guys getting interested in the baby stuff. I don't know why, but that kind of thing seems to turn a girl on.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #10
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7047 Times on 4175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
First, it's your fault. You need to open up your wife's purse, take back your balls, and stuff them back into your sack.

The Man Law says you don't go to baby showers.

Next time, RTFM!
Bwaaaahahah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
I think it's only right that you have to suffer like the rest of us.

Who decided that FEMALES would enjoy that ****? I don't. I went to my sister-in-law's baby shower as I had to, and it was dull enough as it was- but the food sucked. Salads. Seriously? All these fat chicks and they serve salads? C'mon. Where's the brisket and wings? You know those fat chicks left hungry.

No beer/booze/wine either. And then we "ooohed" and "awwwed" at each little stupid cap and sweater. It's a painful experience and I'm glad to see men getting to be just as miserable as the rest of us.
Hahhahhah! You won't see me miserable. Even when I was young and often "in tow", I still wouldn't go to a baby shower. I don't think I've ever known of a guy to do that (until now!). My response would be "No, and hells no" followed by laughs.