Why am I more productive when I'm drunk? - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Why am I more productive when I'm drunk?

Old 04-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
GulfCoastGirl

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Emerald Coast, FL
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
Why? Do I just feel more productive because I'm drunk? Or am I truly more productive? Usually I just want to chill but after a few beers, I'm taking gravity readings, cleaning kegs, *mowing the lawn*, brewing beer, you name it.

Please don't mow the lawn when you're drunk.

~end of Public Service Announcement~

Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #12
gcdowd

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Baldwinsville, NY
Liked 201 Times on 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastGirl

Haha ok that was a exaggeration.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #13
discooby

Recipes 

Dec 2010
♦ Las Vegas ♦, NV
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
Why? Do I just feel more productive because I'm drunk? Or am I truly more productive? Usually I just want to chill but after a few beers, I'm taking gravity readings, cleaning kegs, mowing the lawn, brewing beer, you name it.
+5

Like hanging the outdoor xmas lights, 2 stories up @ 1 am! I was like a drunk cat and those sob lights all worked! I cook, I clean, I occasionally spill a drink but make up for it by pouring another! It’s those stupid things that I hate doing… I do them at night, alone and have drinks which make them more fun to do! AND I FEEL MORE PRODUCTIVE! I think the drink makes the crap work more enjoyable! It has to get done, why not stumble along the way?!?

Now, things I like to do (brew beer, drive, $work$, etc) I enjoy doing w/no beer / drink. I actually don’t rhahb during brewing. That screws me up! By the time I have to rack I’m too lazy to clean so I stay no-drink during brewing! But when it's time to take out the trash then it’s a session!

Old 04-28-2012, 02:13 AM   #14
avidhomebrewer
Recipes 

Sep 2007
Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts

I was more productive in school when I was writing code drunk too. Too bad I can't carry that to the job scene!

Old 04-28-2012, 02:37 AM   #15
maussy

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

There's definitely a sweet spot. If I only drink one beer I'm lights out in 30 mins. after the 3rd I'm wide awake trying to get something done.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:00 AM   #16
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Boise, ID
Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidhomebrewer View Post
I was more productive in school when I was writing code drunk too. Too bad I can't carry that to the job scene!
That just means you haven't found the right company yet.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
theshoe82
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2010
Norwood, Massachusetts
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I hate cleaning, but my wife works nights so sometimes I find a honeydo list when I get home from work.

A few beers and I am a cleaning machine! Otherwise, it usually doesn't get done in a timely manner.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #18
wolfstar

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Cleaning the dog runs and yards for sure goes better with a slight buzz

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #19
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 152 Times on 143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfCoastGirl View Post

I drink afterwards. Between the cottonwood tree and the fact that this place used to be a daycare center, mowing the back yard is like running a demolition derby on a tricycle. I hurt all over.

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk