Wood-Aged Beer Allagash Curieux Clone - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty, Fruit, Historical, Other Homebrew Recipes > Wood-Aged Beer Allagash Curieux Clone

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #11
1Mainebrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
, Maine
Posts: 942
Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts


If you want to do this extract, get the lightest dme you can get and add it all in the last 15 minutes of the boil. You will need to adjust your hopping depending on if you do full volume boils vs partial volume but that's another story.

To blend it with fresh tripel you just make another batch and blend the fresh unoaked tripel with the aged, oaked, Jim beamed tripel until its just right!
__________________
Bucket: Air
Carboy 1: Stout
Carboy 2: Air
Carboy 3: Air
Better Bottle: Air
Growlers: Air
Keg 1: Amber Ale(left tap)
Keg 2: Cider (right tap)
Keg 3: Air
Keg 4: Ale Full-O-Funk
Bottles: Sauvignon Blanc, Mixed Wine, Syrah, Apple Wine, Triberry Wine, Chianti, Liquid Sunshine Sparkling Banana Wine
In the Works: Kate the Great Clone

Favorite Recipe #1: Kate the Great Clone
Favorite Recipe #2: Crop Chopper PAL
Favorite Recipe #3: Curieux Clone

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
hbr2547
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Posts: 183
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mainebrew
If you want to do this extract, get the lightest dme you can get and add it all in the last 15 minutes of the boil. You will need to adjust your hopping depending on if you do full volume boils vs partial volume but that's another story.

To blend it with fresh tripel you just make another batch and blend the fresh unoaked tripel with the aged, oaked, Jim beamed tripel until its just right!
Just brewed.....cooling as we speak. Needed to sub some hops but hopefully as good!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
hbr2547
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Posts: 183
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr2547

Just brewed.....cooling as we speak. Needed to sub some hops but hopefully as good!
Brewed last Sunday. Down to 1.02 and counting. Still has about four inches of krausen on top.....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
1Mainebrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
, Maine
Posts: 942
Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by hbr2547 View Post
Brewed last Sunday. Down to 1.02 and counting. Still has about four inches of krausen on top.....
How's it coming?
__________________
Bucket: Air
Carboy 1: Stout
Carboy 2: Air
Carboy 3: Air
Better Bottle: Air
Growlers: Air
Keg 1: Amber Ale(left tap)
Keg 2: Cider (right tap)
Keg 3: Air
Keg 4: Ale Full-O-Funk
Bottles: Sauvignon Blanc, Mixed Wine, Syrah, Apple Wine, Triberry Wine, Chianti, Liquid Sunshine Sparkling Banana Wine
In the Works: Kate the Great Clone

Favorite Recipe #1: Kate the Great Clone
Favorite Recipe #2: Crop Chopper PAL
Favorite Recipe #3: Curieux Clone

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
hbr2547
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Posts: 183
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mainebrew

How's it coming?
Bad news!!!! First ever infection...had to dump

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 AM   #16
1Mainebrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
, Maine
Posts: 942
Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts


Did you taste it first?
__________________
Bucket: Air
Carboy 1: Stout
Carboy 2: Air
Carboy 3: Air
Better Bottle: Air
Growlers: Air
Keg 1: Amber Ale(left tap)
Keg 2: Cider (right tap)
Keg 3: Air
Keg 4: Ale Full-O-Funk
Bottles: Sauvignon Blanc, Mixed Wine, Syrah, Apple Wine, Triberry Wine, Chianti, Liquid Sunshine Sparkling Banana Wine
In the Works: Kate the Great Clone

Favorite Recipe #1: Kate the Great Clone
Favorite Recipe #2: Crop Chopper PAL
Favorite Recipe #3: Curieux Clone

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #17
hbr2547
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Posts: 183
Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts


Yes - not good

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:33 AM   #18
1Mainebrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
, Maine
Posts: 942
Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts


Bummer, I wonder what happened. Best wishes next time.
__________________
Bucket: Air
Carboy 1: Stout
Carboy 2: Air
Carboy 3: Air
Better Bottle: Air
Growlers: Air
Keg 1: Amber Ale(left tap)
Keg 2: Cider (right tap)
Keg 3: Air
Keg 4: Ale Full-O-Funk
Bottles: Sauvignon Blanc, Mixed Wine, Syrah, Apple Wine, Triberry Wine, Chianti, Liquid Sunshine Sparkling Banana Wine
In the Works: Kate the Great Clone

Favorite Recipe #1: Kate the Great Clone
Favorite Recipe #2: Crop Chopper PAL
Favorite Recipe #3: Curieux Clone

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #19
jweidman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2013
SAN DIEGO, California
Posts: 67
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


so i was curious on this recipe, so its 29 days no oak then 28 on oak, so after that 28 days do you pull the oak chips out? and do you add the oak chips in the primary or do you rack the beer off to secondary and then add the oak chips?

if i wanted to make this into a 10 gallon batch, can i just input these in to beersmith and have that upscale it?
__________________
Want a beer from So Cal? im always open up for trades from other breweries.

I'm looking for a southern Tier Choklat...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Gothic_Horror
 
Gothic_Horror's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 235
Liked 25 Times on 18 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jweidman View Post
so i was curious on this recipe, so its 29 days no oak then 28 on oak, so after that 28 days do you pull the oak chips out? and do you add the oak chips in the primary or do you rack the beer off to secondary and then add the oak chips?

if i wanted to make this into a 10 gallon batch, can i just input these in to beersmith and have that upscale it?
Most likely what you would want to do is primary ferment, reach your FG and then re-rack into a secondary on top of your soaked oak chips. Scale it up in beersmith.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Allagash Curieux Clone 1Mainebrew Recipes/Ingredients 303 04-10-2016 11:35 PM
Got 2 Allagash Curieux Barrels, notice an odd smell in 1. rowco General Techniques 0 10-28-2013 01:26 PM
Allagash Tripel Clone or Duvel Clone recipe? jbenedetto Recipes/Ingredients 33 01-19-2013 04:08 AM
allagash curieux Cranny04 General Beer Discussion 0 05-07-2012 12:46 AM
I hve a few extra botles of Allagash Curieux Aval for swap KingHippo Sampling and Critiquing and Beer Swapping 0 11-30-2009 12:29 AM


Forum Jump