Alright, pony up those pics of you in the 80's. - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Alright, pony up those pics of you in the 80's.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

Inspired by the "Remeber this" thread with pics and discussions of such 80's icons (or fashion mistakes) as mullets, parachute pants, leggings and neon anything, I was dared to dig out some old pics of me from that era.

I wonder who else has the guts to drag them out of the closet and post them.

In the 80's I started doing college radio, and went on to produce shows on our local public radio station, and also to book and promote music events in the detroit area. So for me it was parachute pants, skinny ties, "heavy metal" cowboy boots, vintage jackets, and yeah, that's a mullet you see.

84-85 College radio at Wayne State University.

This was probably 86-87 or so, I was produce a number of shows on WDET public radio in Detroit, and doing some on air work, as well as booking events and doing freelance video/photography. And yes, as hard as it is to admit....It was a mullet.

And this was the end of the decade, and still a mullet, though a bit of a "stylish" one. The bass player of one of the punk bands I worked with did hair in one of those "trendy" Royal Oak (if you're from Michigan you know) Salons, and she used to cut me for free.

(Not the hip Billy Holiday T-shirt, under my narrow lapelled vintage sport coat Value Village. I was booking for a couple Jazz Clubs)

For the early 80's it was usually some form of parachute pants action going on.

Then later it was straight leg black 501 button flys. But in terms of footwear I think I pretty much wore some form of boot during those days-

Dark stone washed, of course.

Either heavy metal cowboy boots with metal toe points, skulls and studs if I was dressing up.

Or Doc Martens if I was just bumming around.

Alright, let's see you guys and gals.....

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Zuljin Likes This 
Old 04-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Houston, Texas
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts

I can't believe I wore that!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

Hahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!111

Old 04-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

I knew someone was gonna go there, or baby pics.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #5
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 553 Times on 389 Posts

Love it

Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I just laughed audibly.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 04-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Any bets on Yooper being more

or

Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Cambone
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Milford, NH
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

subbed

Old 04-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

If you want a real hoot, this is one of the bands I was involved with, I did most of their Album and Press Kit Photography as well as concert videos and visual effects for.

http://archive.org/details/tnptv-MentalLandscape

The funny thing is the singer was a Medical Student, and was the top student in his class. The faculty hated him but he was brilliant, in fact there was a bidding war for him between an ER Residency and an Internal Med one. He's one of the top doctors in town, and does a lot of pro-bono work in the Cass Corridor. He still does music (every few years the local media does one of those "Doctor By Day, Punk Rocker By night" fluff pieces on him.

I did their Album Photos

Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Nashville, TN
Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

My aunt Wendy's wedding in 1983. I'm the sexy one on the right. I bore that ring all over the place.

That's a camera phone shot of an actual photo. Never got a chance to take it to walgreens and scan it.

Revvy Likes This