Battle of the Bones is located in Central Point, Oregon - just 33 miles north of the California boarder and directly off the 1-5.
Battle of the Homebrews
is heating up for the second year and now is open to 5 categories.
- #6 LIGHT HYBRID BEER (subcategories: 6A Cream Ale, 6B Blonde Ale, 6C Kolsch, 6D American Wheat or Rye Beer)
- #10 AMERICAN ALE (subcategories: 10A American Pale Ale, 10B American Amber Ale, 10C American Brown Ale)
- #12 PORTER (subcategories: 12A Brown Porter, 12B Robust Porter, 12C Baltic Porter)
- #14 INDIA PALE ALE (subcategories: 14A English IPA, 14B American IPA, 14C Imperial IPA)
- #23 SPECIALTY BEER (The specialty beer must contain the secret ingredient). Grains Beans & Things and The City of Central Point have determined this year's (not so) Secret Ingredient will be Rose Petals!
First, Second and Third Place "Iron Homebrewer" winners in each subcategory will be awarded Ribbons, Prizes and Bragging Rights at this years "Battle of the Bones." The winner of the "The Best of Show" entry will awarded the 2012 "Iron Homebrewer" Award.
Start brewing soon - entry deadline is June 1. Entries must be submitted at Grains Beans & Things during normal business hours. Hombrew Competition Information
- Parking and entry into the event is FREE.
- Foundation Booth - $2 ribs available everyday! Friday night the Foundation will be selling kabobs, both chicken and shrimp.
- BBQ Tastings - Available Saturday and Sunday only. $10 for 12 oz of Pulled Pork (Saturday) or Chicken (Sunday). $5 for 12 oz of Chili (both days).
- Craft Beer - A minimum 25 beers will be competing for the People’s Choice vote! Ticket price is $10 for 32 oz plus a souvenir glass.
- Wine Tent - A minimum of 15 wines will be competing for the People’s Choice vote! Ticket price is $10 for 10 oz plus a souvenir glass.
- Kids Zone - There will be a number of free activities as well as some pay-per-use activities.
- Entertainment - The KRWQ showdown will be joining us Friday night. Bands will be playing on Saturday and Sunday. Rib eating competition will take place throughout the event. There will be vendors set up throughout the event.
June 22, Friday 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
June 23, Saturday 11:00 am - 9:00 pm
June 24, Sunday 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Battle of the Bones Website