Adding choc to harvest stout kit - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Adding choc to harvest stout kit

Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
andyh1965
Recipes 

Apr 2012

Hi folks, as anyone got any tips to help me add choc flav to my stout kit? I'm new to this site and adding flavouring to beer /stout kits

Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
sweetcell
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2012
Rockville, MD
Liked 925 Times on 677 Posts

there are many threads on here about adding chocolate. it generally comes down to cocoa powder vs. melted baker's chocolate vs. chocolate nibs.

i'd suggest using the search function at the very top-right corner of this page (inside the beer mug) to get some opinions. it's important to realize they are opinions: there is no one universally accepted way of adding chocolate flavor. folks have had success with various methods.
- Drinking: Mandarina IPA, Citra "rescued Belgian DIPA", 2 blends of a rye sour: ECY20 + ECY34, local sour cherry kriek #2
- Aging: brett'ed Belgian blond on raspberries, sour blond on second-use cherries, English Barleywine (half on brett), 3726 saison w/ brett x2 (dregs mix & Lochristi), GNO 3724 saison w/ brett mix, sour cherry mead, acerglyn, and a few other sours...