Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Another good use for Starsan

Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #71
Spacepuppy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Bump....this was a great thread and saved me a bunch of time trying to remove painted labels THANK YOU

edit: at 2x strength it took 2 hours to remove the labels on the Stone brewing bottles but the Otto Brewing Moose Juice Stout is un touched as of yet even a copper scouring pad wont etch it yet.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #72
signmastr
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Does "Saniclean" work as well?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #73
oldhornjunkie
Recipes 

opps double post dang iphone

Old 06-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #74
oldhornjunkie
Recipes 

I use a product called citranox at work for cleaning and sanitizing musical instruments. It's commercial use is for cleaning large scale industrial food equipment. We use about a 4% solution at work. Maybe I'll take a quart of the concentrate home and try it on my corona bottles. I tried toluene acetone and lacquer thinner but they wouldn't touch it. That is some strong paint/ink they use. I couldn't buff it off with a stitched buffing wheel and red compound.

I haven't used starsan at all yet. When I run low on c-brite and iodophor Ill get some to mess with.

Anyone find a better method for removing the glue off the heineken pony bottles. I've been just peeling off the plastic soaking the bOttles and using a scuff pad

I proposed this idea to the chemist I know since she likes to drink and it's like a little challenge LOL

Old 06-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #75
richlong8020
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

I too am wondering about the best way to remove Heineken bottle labels. Darn near impossible. Hot water and oxyclean loosen a little but then I have a sticky patch and have no idea how to get rid of that. Tried Goo-Gone. Didn't work.

On a side note. Hot water and oxyclean works great on Modelo bottles. Then I boil the foil cap for a few seconds and it scrapes right off. Nice clean Modelo bottles. Awesome!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #76
roadymi
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Hmm........wonder how this will work on those bottles that have that nearly impossible to remove glue?.....gonna give it a shot.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #77
mart242
Recipes 

Bumping this old thread...

I've tried the high dose of concentration of star-san for corona bottles (free from a neighbour) and after 2-3 days, the white paint rubs off easily. The blue paint however doesn't seem to want to come off. Will soaking them for a few extra days take care of this or will I have to try muriatic acid? I've got a jug of that stuff that I was supposed to use for the pool but never had to.

thanks